Notices

Itchy Bitchy Twitchy

Old 09-09-2014, 05:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Itchy Bitchy Twitchy

thatd be me right now. and im pretty sure I know why. Its Tuesday and I haven't gone to a meeting since Saturday night. I know better. Ugh. 6 days sober today and feeling pretty much normal physically. So theres no excuse. Got a nooner picked out and will probably end up at the same one as my sponsor tonight. so 2 planned for today.

Any body else out there get this feeling? Attendng meetings or not?
Old 09-09-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

go to the meetings for first few weeks see how you feel

you have sr aswell and im sure that will help

whatever happens well done hang in there !
Old 09-09-2014, 06:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Getting irritable and anxious is part of recovery - perfectly normal. It is indeed amazing how meetings remove this feeling for a lot of people. It speaks to how deeply entrenched alcoholism can get in our brains. But you're doing the right thing. Keep workin' and just know that there will be other times when your brain is saying "HEY, WHERE'S THE BOOZE?!!!!" But it always passes, and meetings are a particularly good way to get level set again. Good job!
Old 09-09-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by xJustBreathex View Post
thatd be me right now. and im pretty sure I know why. Its Tuesday and I haven't gone to a meeting since Saturday night. I know better. Ugh. 6 days sober today and feeling pretty much normal physically. So theres no excuse. Got a nooner picked out and will probably end up at the same one as my sponsor tonight. so 2 planned for today.

Any body else out there get this feeling? Attendng meetings or not?
YES! I took advice of others - when you really feel like not going THAT is when you really need to go!

I hit 98 meetings yesterday on my 92nd day - For me, I want to be immersed in learning new habits.

peace
Old 09-09-2014, 09:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Meetings - yes, and lots of them!! It keeps your experience in perspective, reminding you that you're undertaking something meaningful, life-and-death, etc. Otherwise, its really easy to dismiss how difficult this is after the first week of physical symptoms and think you're supposed to be - somehow - quickly emotionally whole and grounded. Um, nope.

I'd also suggest some sweat inducing exercise, if you're not already. I found that even with many meetings, lots of recovery reading, and the SR community, I was still all anxious and wacko, and having difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep. Added in some exercise, and - bam! - feel all wrung out and at peace (at least for an evening, until I do it again).
Old 09-09-2014, 09:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know that balance is crucial to my recovery and I have to work at that every day. Balance for me involves yoga/walking, reading spiritual books, and spending time on SR.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

We will hit a meeting tonight!

I know that feeling & it's completely normal! One of the hardest things about getting through the first few weeks/months I find.

But it passes!
Old 09-09-2014, 10:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

OH and I find that meetings bring me temporary, short-term relief right now lol.

While I'm in the meeting, and for about 30 minutes afterwards, I feel better.

It's not alot but I'll take it, lol.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Originally Posted by Mrrryah1 View Post
OH and I find that meetings bring me temporary, short-term relief right now lol.

While I'm in the meeting, and for about 30 minutes afterwards, I feel better.

It's not alot but I'll take it, lol.
I found that too. Then I took the steps and get relief 24/7, no longer dependent on meetings.