Notices

Overload of Thoughts and Emotions

Old 08-12-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Overload of Thoughts and Emotions

Do you ever just have one of those days in sobriety where even though you have quite a bit of time sober you just feel everything build up and then POP. You snap at someone, usually someone you love, you complain about things you've held in for days or weeks, and you are just generally mean and not nice to be around? I hope i'm not the only one this happens to because I had a day like this today and now I feel so deflated and exhausted from my little outburst.

I am going to a meeting in a couple of hours, but I am still sitting here reeling over the way I have behaved today. Like a child, having a tantrum, because the world did not go my way today. It's just ridiculous. And then to hear all over the news that one of my most favorite actors has died as a result (either directly or indirectly) of this horrible disease. It was just heartbreaking. It just goes to show us that addiction does not discriminate. It affects people of all social statuses, all colors, all ages, etc.

Again I understand this is a result of my alcoholism, I just kind of wanted to rant a little bit here where i know you'll all understand me.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I find there's always going to be good and bad days, I've learnt Sobriety doesn't solve the up and down roller coaster of life!!

Hang in there!!
Old 08-12-2014, 03:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep on keeping on! It's just another day, tomorrow starts another, rinse, repeat. Glad you can see the wood for the trees.

Last edited by Sudz No More; 08-12-2014 at 03:55 PM. Reason: My Idiom was Outiom
Old 08-12-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
zjw

and you are just generally mean and not nice to be around?
I generally get very withdrawn anger and frustration is probably written all over my face tho I generally work very hard to just keep to myself at times like these. I tend to get stuck in hese states if i'm not careful too.

But like Sudz said. Its just another day tommorrow you get another crack at it.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I have had a rough week, so I know what you mean. Raising my voice at work, complaining, irritated with my dogs behavior issues, abrupt with my wife. I had to really dig deep into the recovery tool box and pull out the entire works.

It didn't get to the point where I thought drinking would be the answer, but I can understand how it could progress to that. Addiction is relentless.

Be good, Flyerfan.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Thanks everyone. :-). I love you guys. Walked into a meeting last night and got asked to speak. So I spilled my guts and I felt so much better. It's nice to have programs and websites like this to rely on when life gets overwhelming. God bless you all. :-)
Old 08-13-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
I have had a rough week, so I know what you mean. Raising my voice at work, complaining, irritated with my dogs behavior issues, abrupt with my wife. I had to really dig deep into the recovery tool box and pull out the entire works.
It's all about handling life on life terms.

I've gotten better at displaced anger and don't take things out on others as much as I used to.

I recognize when I am outside my comfort zone and try to take the needed action.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

I think that supermoon effected us more than we realize!