Notices

New doggie ill, this is my cry for support

Old 08-01-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Jennie, I am praying for your pup. Our beloved collie almost died last summer and was hospitalized for over a week. I could not stop crying because she had a severe allergic reaction to her heartworm medicine that I have given to her! No one thought that she would make it through the first night, but she is a tough puppy and she is very bonded to our family. (we rescued her) I am happy to report that she is lying right beside me as I write this hoping that I am ready to take one of our regular evening walks that she just loves!! I think your baby is going to be just fine and good for you for realizing that drinking would do nothing but complicate the problem and add yet another unnecessary problem/stress/worry to your plate. You did not self-sabotage!!! Good job!!
Old 08-01-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hope the doggie pulls through. We have a bit of a zoo here, but I know the dogs for some reason are the deepest under my skin. Patsy needs medication twice a day to prevent seizures, and we haven't missed a single day in the last 8 years, come hell or high water (and even booze...).

So yeah, know the feeling, wish you the best.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Just a Girl Trying to Make It...

Lots of puppy prayers for Lucy from me and my three fur babies!
Old 08-01-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Jennie-
I am sending positive vibes to your puppy! The good thing is that she is under the care of a vet, and puppies can be quite resilient. Have hope, and stay strong! My dog is very important to me, I know exactly where you're coming from. Keep us up to date.

Lisa.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Jennie, I'm sending you and your pup my thoughts and good wishes for good news. I have pets and I paid 800 dollars to save my kitty three years ago. He ate an earplug, got caught. Never thought twice about the cost. I know what it is like to love a pet.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:17 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I didn't read all the responses but I want to send you well wishes and comfort. My kitties are my babies and I've lost 2 that I had for 15 years in the past 2 years. They are our family and out hearts ache when they are hurting. I hope your pup is ok.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:21 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Jennie, hope all goes well with Lucy, thinking of you both.xx
Old 08-01-2014, 09:00 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Jennie....well, I'm so sorry to see all your posts today and that Lucy is unwell.

Can completely relate how you give your heart straight away to an animal....surprising sometimes, hey?

Also about the memories of emotion relating back to your Mum. The helplessness and powerlessness for sure....and of course those kinds of basic feelings would naturally bring an unconscious AV moment too. It doesn't mean it's a conscious wish to drink...and sounds like you didn't feed it, so that's a good thing, right?

I'm also sorry you don't feel 100% supported by your husband. I guess the whole thing has been emotional, thinking of your posts how Lucy was weeing everywhere and upsetting the cats. Maybe your husband was already concerned having the puppy was taxing you and the illness is a drama he wasn't ready for, either?

Like a new baby, Lucy is also taking up your time and emotion, so there's probably a few things he could be feeling about all this.

I hope Lucy gets through and things settle down soon for you all, really soon.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:44 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

So sorry about the puppy, I sure hope she gets better soon. I completely understand the emotional ties to pups. Puppy healing thoughts your way!
Old 08-02-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Hi Jennie, sorry to hear about Lucy being sick. Good to know she is under the care of the animal hospital. I hope all will be well with her. You have lots of loving support! Its difficult times of course until all is well and done, and so take time for yourself too, and with your husband. Lucy is well loved by you both! Keep us updated!
Old 08-02-2014, 07:36 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi Jennie.....thinking of you and Lucy--sending healing thoughts and much love your way. I understand where you're coming from. My dogs have given me so much unconditional love and I love them more than I love most humans. Haha

Hang in there! xoxoxo
Old 08-02-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much! I called the hospital a few minutes ago to check on her... she is doing much better! I was told she might come home Monday!!! I have worried for naught. I can't believe I expected to hear she was gone. I guess I had prepared myself for the absolute worst. Once you lose your mother or someone close, I guess you realize life truly is transitory. Permanence is an illusion. And I seem to keep grasping for security... there seems to be none really. Sobriety is causing me to gradually become ok with the harsh realities.

This has certainly been quite an emotional lesson for me.

Again, thank you all for your support. It means a lot
Old 08-02-2014, 07:48 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Glad to hear your puppy is on the mend! Good for you, handling it without a drink.

Lisa.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:00 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Glad to hear the good news, Jennie
Old 08-02-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

So glad to hear your puppy is going to be ok! Naturally this was really stressful, but you learned so much about yourself, and reached out for support. You did the best you could in a really tough and scary spot, and you did it very well!
Old 08-02-2014, 10:28 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Lucy's doing great. These are pics her Daddy took just a few minutes ago! She will be coming home on Monday morning.

Old 08-02-2014, 10:54 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
LDT

Awesome news, SJ! I had a hunch she would rally !
Old 08-02-2014, 11:00 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Oh Jennie, I'm so happy little Lucy is going to be coming home! Yay!!!
Old 08-02-2014, 11:00 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

This is good news indeed. I made a special meme to cheer you and Lucy up while she is in the hospital

Old 08-02-2014, 11:13 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Ha!! Carlotta, awesome Love it.