Notices

Fainted

Old 06-17-2014, 02:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fainted

Yesterday I was sitting quietly at the library and I suddenly fainted and woke up in the ER. They said I was dehydrated. I think it's due to a combination of 2 weeks of sobriety and some medication that lowers my blood pressure. It read at 100/60 at the doctor's office.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Did you get an aura in your eye?

Like some little flashing lights?

I'm sorry that happened to you :/ How do you feel now?
Old 06-17-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you now GC?

D
Old 06-17-2014, 05:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have no memory of it. I felt fine that same day. The strange thing is the doctors didn't make a big deal out of it.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
zjw

I think it's due to a combination of 2 weeks of sobriety and some medication that lowers my blood pressure. It read at 100/60 at the doctor's office.
alcohol raises your blood pressure if you where on meds for it and then quit your blood pressure could drop to normal then the meds make it go below normal again causing these kinds of issues. I'd get it checked out with your doc etc.. maybe you will get lucky the doc will say you can lower your dose or something.

its one benefit of sobriety.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

One of the side effects of alcohol is what changes our bodies go through when we stop. We are so accustomed to it it throws everything out of whack when we stop. Our entire system needs to adjust to it. And that includes how it affected our medications etc.

I would talk to the doc and explain, make a visit a month until you are back to "normal".
Old 06-17-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GreenColor View Post
Yesterday I was sitting quietly at the library and I suddenly fainted and woke up in the ER. They said I was dehydrated. I think it's due to a combination of 2 weeks of sobriety and some medication that lowers my blood pressure. It read at 100/60 at the doctor's office.
I passed out once while working out in a gym and ended up in the ER. That doctor took it more seriously than yours did, and gave me a stern lecture on how dangerous dehydration is. It is no joke. I suggest you see your doctor and get it checked out. Are you sure you are drinking enough liquids, like water or sports drinks?
Old 06-17-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ya I drink a lot of water but I also sweat quite a bit. This wasn't because of exertion either. I was calming sitting while working on my laptop, and then I woke up in the ER. Maybe I went through a wormhole.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I used to faint all the time, somehting like 15+ times now in my life, and you're right doctors don't worry so much about the fainting in itself, because it is almost like the body's reset button to get you lying flat to help the blood circulate, they are more concerned with the other things going on, so they'll tick off heart issues, blood sugar etc etc.

It can be scary, but as others have said changes in the body could be affecting things!!
Old 06-18-2014, 02:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I think this can be taken as a sign to continue to take care of yourself....congratulations on your sobriety...this is wonderful!