Notices

feeling better today

Old 06-12-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feeling better today

My sponsor and I completed first two steps and almost done with step 3. We are spending two weeks on it instead of one because she wants it to really sink in I have been running my life on self will run riot lately. Everyday I read the big book pray and meditate. She pointed out several things I didn't like but had to accept. Like how I like to compartmentalize my life and that was not good. She said I just needed to me my real self. She also told me that I would be successful one day and I still have a lot to learn and grow in this journey and I look forward to it.. I am truly blessed to have her in my life. She also gave an assignment to do because she wants me to stop beating myself up and saying I am a failure. she asked me to write about the things that I have done well in the last 14 months of my sobriety. She says I don't realize these things sometimes. I prefer not to dwell too much on them I don't want to get cocky or think I am too good.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sounds like your sponsor is a pretty wise person, you are lucky to have her and I'm glad it's helping you. Lots of great ideas and plans you have moving forward...kudos to you for acting on them as well.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes she is very wise. She is also a friend to me but my sponsor first and foremost. I know people say you aren't supposed to be friends with your sponsor but I am and it works well she is able to give tough love when I need it.