Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

got in a car accident today ruined car no more car anymore

Notices

Old 06-05-2014, 06:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Im bummed out. Bittersweet day today I got a new job had an interview today and got the job. A great job with a good company not food service at all. I start july 7th. I also got in a car accident my fault rear ended someone. Ruined my car completely radiator fluid leaked badly. My car wont be able to fix it. Going to have to save money for a downpayment on a new car. In the meantime I will be homebond more. My parents are going to California for 4 days and I will be at home for those 4 days without a car and no meetings please pray I get through this. I don't have anyone to take me to meetings except my mom I live far out in the country and it is hard for people to get to my house. I wouldn't ask anyone unless desperate and I could pay them gas money to take me to a meeting. I start my new job July 7th.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your car but I'm glad you're ok Anoronha.

Ask around at the meetings you go to before your parents leave - I hope you can find someone who can help you out

D
Old 06-05-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
p***enger

SR also has some online chat meetings, doesn't it?
Old 06-05-2014, 06:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Tues and Fri nights at 9PM EST

They're open to everyone and are usually on a recovery theme.

D
Old 06-05-2014, 06:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
zjw

Interesting. I just got done with car problems and finally got another used one after being a 1 car family for a couple months. what i got isnt the best but it will serve our needs for now and oddly has an issue with the radiator support that i worry about.

I hate my current job and cant seem to find another one.

We could trade problems and still not be happy with our situations go figure.

Try and grin and bear it take it 1 day at a time and make due with what you have. As crummy as your situation is keep in mind people stay sober through much worse situations even so that being said You can do this. Think of it as a challenge. Things will work out. Sometimes not exactly how you'd like them too but they do work out. For example the car i got that repalced the problem car i had isnt new its 13 years old and has its fair share of issues but its gonna work out for me. It'll be ok now. Yea its not the brand new wtvr but thats no biggie.

Congrats on the job too that should help matters too.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

We all been in accidents so I can relate.