Notices

Relapsing

Old 05-30-2014, 04:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapsing

I got to almost 3 months and gave in and drank and I now find myself drinking pretty much every Friday. This has happened the past 3 Fridays and will not be happening today.

If find when I get overwhelmed with life (whether this internal or external conflict), I just want it to stop. During my sober months, I was so exhausted from living, having chronic pain, etc. I just adopted other avoidance behaviors, like sleeping too much or wasting my time (like an entire day) on the internet.

Background, I do have severe mental illness problems, but I have been on and off various meds and diagnosed and rediagnosed like 20 times in the past 10 years. I still have some vigor (as compared to deep alcoholism, lost everything 5 years ago) and did well this semester in grad school, but I know is something is wrong. I'm having a VERY hard time with this "one day at a time" thing when I feel like I'm going nowhere/backwards.

/rant

Sorry to make a confusing rambling topic, but I don't really much of a support group, I just moved to a new state.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stick with us today Hauntao and you can make this a sober friday

D
Old 05-30-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you! Oh, it's going to be. I've already put my pajamas on, so I can't leave the house.
Old 05-31-2014, 02:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I also deal with chronic pain and mental illness, so you're not alone there.
This is my major motivation for drinking like a fool for thirty years.
Sorry you're having problems with one day at a time, but it helps a lot of us because thinking of forever is too much to handle.
We really do only have today. And today I won't drink. This has been working for me for almost three and a half years and I was a bad drunk.

Best to you, you're not alone.