Notices

starting the steps over again with my sponsor

Old 05-30-2014, 01:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

starting the steps over again with my sponsor

My sponsor and I are starting the steps all over again. I hit an emotional bottom. Thank god I didn't drink. I made an amends to my best friend and we are still friends. My other best friend I am waiting for him to call me back so I can make an amends. I left a voicemail for him. Another amends I have to make to an acquaintance. My sponsor gave me some tough love. We read step one today and now I am to write what my bottom looks like. Then I assume we are going onto step 2. I feel so sad like I am back to square one at least I didn't drink I still have my sobriety.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are working it, Anoronha; no matter how long it takes to get there, sustained sobriety is worth it.

You are doing great.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You are not back to square one. You learned a lot of things along the way and they kept you sober. You had the tools and you used them..kudos!

I am writing another step four. I have had some issues and difficulties in my life lately that have created new resentments and I have to look at them and my part. They will eat me alive if I don't.

There is nothing wrong with doing the steps again. This program is not geared toward doing 1 through 12 and just being repaired. They are way of life. I use them all the time.

Just because we are sober does not mean we don't mistakes, we do, it what we do with them that makes the difference.

(((Hugs)))) Keep coming back!
Old 05-30-2014, 02:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Doing the steps again doesn't mean you've failed! You're still sober, still working on it. I've gone through the steps twice with 2 different sponsors and would have no problem doing it again if I needed to. Working the steps is something I love to do...

Life chucks stuff at us sometimes..sobriety isn't always a straight path, we might need to double back and look at something more closely.

Well done to you for continuing to stay sober and work at it x
Old 05-30-2014, 05:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anoronha View Post
My sponsor and I are starting the steps all over again. I hit an emotional bottom. Thank god I didn't drink. I made an amends to my best friend and we are still friends. My other best friend I am waiting for him to call me back so I can make an amends. I left a voicemail for him. Another amends I have to make to an acquaintance. My sponsor gave me some tough love. We read step one today and now I am to write what my bottom looks like. Then I assume we are going onto step 2. I feel so sad like I am back to square one at least I didn't drink I still have my sobriety.

Have you ever thought about seeing a real M.D. qualified ,doctor that actually specializes in emotional problems .-One that can prescribe meds .

I needed more than the 12 steps ,I needed meds to sort it out ,And I Know you do too . Or at least I suspect strongly you do too .

The sooner you get to the root problem ,the better you can get .

Your sponsor ,im pretty sure means well , but id bet as well your sponsor has ZERO qualifications to deal with the problems you have .

I had a lot of the same problems ,Why continue to suffer .?

You very likely wont need the meds forever , I did not .

It pains me greatly to see you continually suffer .
Old 05-31-2014, 07:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

In my 23rd year of recovery, I've done the steps multiple times and grown a great deal each time. It's a process, "progress not perfection", and I applaud your efforts to stay sober ... the beauty of recovery is that we can always start over. Try not to beat yourself up, we're humans who are constantly growing and changing.