Notices

First relapse after start quitting

Old 05-30-2014, 05:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First relapse after start quitting

Hello guys ,

i made 9 days sober,my last time was 8 days in 2013.

i found that sobriety is better and i feel confident now that i can back to track again , so i'm quitting again after this relapse . .

wow , i got too paranoid after i drank , and found is alcohol eating my feelings ,.

thanks for your support since i deiced ed to quit .
Old 05-30-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome back. Something I learned during my relapse days is “if don’t pick up the first drink I don’t have to get sober AGAIN, BFTGOG.” Along with the fact that there is NO guarantee we have another recovery after a relapse.

BE WELL
Old 05-30-2014, 07:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i drank 200 ml vodka and 12 oz beer alone , currently i just have sober friends , no one of them drink , yesterday after i drank ,i hanged up with them , and i hated my self felt weired,different ,it wasn't fun , being drunk with them in sober places .

i have head ache now ,and feel like i lost destroyed my brain to have fun just 1 hour that i hadn't ,i compared those nine days sober with the relapse .we re very stupid to drink and every fun minute when drinking takes hours and a lot of your body , physically and emotionally .
Old 05-30-2014, 07:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

As I sat thru many many meetings over the
yrs., I often heard some good wisdom from
members who had learned how to stay sober
for a many one days at a time, that once you've
had a taste of recovery, drinking would never
be the same. That recovery screws up ones drinking
career.

I can say that I learned a lot from those members
and took their suggestions seriously and never
went out to do some control or experiment drinking
after I got sober that first full day in rehab 23 yrs.
ago.

I Listened, I Learned, I Absorbed, then Applied
a program of recovery in my everyday affairs
for each day I've remain sober. In doing so, I
have grown, matured, became responsible, honest,
happy, healthy and grateful for all those who
continue to pave the recovery path for me to
follow and courage to pass on what Ive learn
to others still struggling with addiction.

You can too.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you feel a little better now Zvang?

D
Old 05-30-2014, 02:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It doesn't sound like its fun any more Zvang. I finally learned that lesson too - nothing but misery when we pick up. Glad you are getting back on track.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I've been sober 22 years thanks to AA. The reason I stay sober is I just don't drink TODAY. It's always only today I don't drink. Thinking that I quit forever is self-sabotaging for this alcoholic. God bless!
Old 05-31-2014, 07:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's an amazing accomplishment NYCDogLovr
Congratulations

D
Old 06-01-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Relapse is part of recovery and don't let anyone shame you into thinking otherwise. Yes, everyone it seems has stories about "putting it down and never having another one". They're either really strong willed or liars. A lot of folks don't want to admit failure. I believe that the number of sober days strung together in a row doesn't mean squat. If you quit for 2 years and then go out and tie one on and then go right back to abstaining, you still have all those days sober. The 12 step group people will tell you otherwise but real addiction experts will tell you that "relapse is part of recovery".
Old 06-01-2014, 05:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Zvang it sounds like you had enough of destroying your body, mind and sprit with this poison known as alcohol. Good for you! Take action. A lot of it. Weather you join a program or plant shrubs in your backyard, just do something other than drinking. Do it one day at a time. Before you know it, you won't alcohol as a solution for your life. You will be happy with out it. Trust me. Thank you for reaching out to us here. Were here for ya!
Old 06-01-2014, 05:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Thankful for this community

I understand, I guess we all do, how it can happen during recovery. I like the earlier post...it's one day, but you had 9 previous days sober! Count those. :-)

I have also found keeping busy is a must...filling the days with productive activity (or any activity)!

Good luck with tomorrow.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Relapse is not part of recovery, it's part of addiction.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by TexasMan View Post
Relapse is part of recovery and don't let anyone shame you into thinking otherwise. Yes, everyone it seems has stories about "putting it down and never having another one". They're either really strong willed or liars. A lot of folks don't want to admit failure. I believe that the number of sober days strung together in a row doesn't mean squat. If you quit for 2 years and then go out and tie one on and then go right back to abstaining, you still have all those days sober. The 12 step group people will tell you otherwise but real addiction experts will tell you that "relapse is part of recovery".
C'mon TexasMan!

Relapse is a part of addiction, not part of recovery and it's a complete disservice to tell anyone otherwise.

I'm not into shaming anyone - but I will always point out that the object for all of us is to put down - for good - the stuff that's wrecked our lives.

A relapse is a pretty good sign you need to re-assess what you've been doing for your recovery, and think about what kind of things you can add to whatever you've been doing.

I should point out that I'm not a 12 stepper and I'm not into using my sober days as a blunt instrument either.

This is not a discussion on dogma. This is my experience.

Zvang - you're doing well putting days together - what you need to do now is find that missing ingredient, that extra element that can take you from nearly there to all the way home.

It;s like a rocket ship leaving a planets gravitational pull...you need to find that little extra thrust to make your recovery permanent.

Got any ideas?

D
Old 06-03-2014, 11:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks guys for replies , but i'm sorry to tell you that this relapse turned to 3 more relapse , I've been drinking daily since 3 days .
Old 06-04-2014, 05:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

i liked this (i don't drink today)
Old 06-04-2014, 05:21 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by zvang View Post
Hello guys ,

i made 9 days sober,my last time was 8 days in 2013.

i found that sobriety is better and i feel confident now that i can back to track again , so i'm quitting again after this relapse . .

wow , i got too paranoid after i drank , and found is alcohol eating my feelings ,.

thanks for your support since i deiced ed to quit .
Hope you are feeling better Zvang, we are all here for you.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:03 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I don't know where you live, but I think you should consider AA. they will show you the way. Google AA meetings in your country, you will find one.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:26 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

day 1 .
Old 06-06-2014, 02:07 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

i relapsed HARD a few weeks ago. one drunken weekend led to another. i am 7 weeks sober again on Monday, gods willing.

each time i picked up it hurt more. it was nasty and brutal and the withdrawals got worse.

i don't have to do that again. i'm realising that i can be free of this if i put the work in. just one day at a time. i don't want to go back to that.

here in the UK the summer is kicking in. the pub beer gardens are packed with drinkers. do i want that? not with alcohol, no. sit in the sun and drink beer - leads me to suddenly it's midnight and i'm drunk but not drunk enough so where can i get some? oh, you have some coke? let me do some of that. and around we go again.

if i pick up a drink i have to acknowledge that it may well lead to my death. i'm not ready to die yet.

just keep on keeping on - 1 day, 1 hour or 5 minutes at a time. sobriety brings huge rewards.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:12 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

again day 1