Notices

First relapse after start quitting

Old 06-14-2014, 10:19 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

What are you doing in order to address the problem?
Old 06-14-2014, 01:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

i'm just trying , i can't and i won't give up . my problem is about i'm depressed , lonely , too smart , that i can't just do the regular boring things people do .

I've seen in some forum that similar cases can be solved by falling in love and when i tried to do this , we've broke up after a month .

i was thinking we re doing good. she said i have two personalities cause of alcohol .and it shocked me ,that made me really want to do this .

Really i'm shocked and i tried to be positive and use this break up to address my problems.
i tried AA never worked for my case but i'm fighting now ,and i won't let this poison kill me or my emotions and i feel i have new way of thinking different before break up .

i just wanna write here , even of no body replied i feel better and it boost my energy to quit . IT WILL WORK , i'm sure really sure that one day i will see this post when i'm sober , better , healthy person.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:16 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

If you've been drinking for a long time I dare say you have no idea what your personality is! What you do, who you associate with, what you spend your money and time on all revolves around the next drink.

When you quit finally all that changes - you're free to go for long drives in the evenings, you can read books again, you can go to museums and art galleries or travel, or associate with other sober people who are off limits to us when we're chained to the local bar or booze-shop.

Before I quit I really had no idea what I'd discover about my future life. It came as a very pleasant surprise. I think it would for you too.

Keep on buggering on. It's worth it.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

i can't and i won't give up .
Excellent. It’s important to have that kind of resolve.

my problem is about i'm depressed , lonely , too smart

Ok, then have you considered professional help for your depression? There are a variety of treatments that have been found to be quite effective.
Too smart? I would disagree. The danger might be that you think you can conquer the problem by intellect alone. If you believe so, then I would proffer that you consider this again.

I've seen in some forum that similar cases can be solved by falling in love….

I have seen just the opposite, but that’s just my experience.

i tried AA never worked for my case

I’m wondering what you tried IN AA? Did you do the program? The steps? BTW this is a solution that often does not immediately appeal to everyone. This is often the case for those who tend to problem solve via brute force intellectualism.

i won't let this poison kill me

Again, that’s the spirit! Stick with it. Do whatever you need to do.
All the best to you. I can relate to your situation.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:44 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

Keep coming back. Go to meetings and keep going back there too. I'm not justifying relapses. Each one of mine ate a little more of me, and others, away. They didn't make things better, to say the least. The sooner you stop relapsing, the better off you're gonna be, duh.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Sounds like a change in environment might be helpful for you. Do you have any sober friends that you can hang out with? Better yet, do you have a sober friend that you could stay with for a while? If not, have you considered detox or treatment? Maybe being somewhere else for a while might help.