Notices

false

Old 05-16-2014, 01:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

false

27 yo. Drinking for 11 years. Last 6 years serious. Last 3 years alcholism, 15 beer or 1.5 bottle of vodka evry day. For last 1 year i notice and start to tryings about give up. I give up sometimes 1 week, sometimes 1 month but starting again. I make decision. Ill win kr die. Its will be my last attemp next friday. I will give up, or dia. I cant live as rat
Old 05-16-2014, 01:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Have you reached out for help? I wouldn't put that kind of condition on yourself where you give yourself only one more try. Sometimes it takes more tries that we can foresee. Have you considered treatment, AA or another support group?

Welcome to the forum.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There is always hope, we've all been there, trying to reach out and find Sobriety and help, you can do it too!!

What support do you have? meetings? support groups? . . . the same pattern of life will lead to the same results, you gotta change things up!!
Old 05-16-2014, 02:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Actually atm am dead man. Its grown my strenght, because dead man fear nothing.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Alright let's scale it back then . . . when I was drinking I didn't care much either, didn't feel nothing, didn't give a stuff if I died, nothing mattered, but in the back of my mind there was something telling me I could have a shot at happiness if only I could get rid of alcohol in my life, surely you have something similar going around in your mind?

I just then needed to figure out how to deal with the alcohol issue, small steps, the next 15mins and then the next 15mins!!
Old 05-16-2014, 02:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

There is sobriety waiting for you
You might wish to hit an AA meeting
Many recovered drunks there
MM
Old 05-16-2014, 03:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome falseemperor. I'm glad you found us. You can get free of it and have a better life - no more misery.

When I was 27 I had no intention of quitting - just kept trying to manage it. You're doing great by recognizing what needs to happen. You'll be saving yourself so much grief down the line. It's great to have you here.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR

There's many of us here who've been where you are. There is life after drinking

Why wait til next friday, False?

D
Old 05-16-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ill be ok dont wkrry
Old 05-16-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey,

I understand the mixed emotions in your thread, I see f it and crap what the hell am I supposed to do to get out?

Give yourself a chance, try to slow down a bit on the amount, eat healthy if you can, drink plenty of water. Start looking at options, take the time you need. If you can slow down the intake it will give you a chance to see a bit more clearly.

There are some options, PM me if you need some guidance or just need to vent.

Above all, give yourself a winning chance ;-)
Old 05-16-2014, 06:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by falseemperor View Post
Actually atm am dead man. Its grown my strenght, because dead man fear nothing.

Sounds like a cop out to me. I once felt like that and it was the biggest lie and falsehood of all.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I always felt this way, i saw booze as the enemy and i was fighting a battle that i was too prideful to back down from...no way i would let it beat me!

Then, if you are one of the lucky ones and get help other than yourself, you will come yo realise that a bottle of alcohol is an inanimate object like a chair so your brave battle is against an object?! The bottle if alcohol cannot move by itself, it does not open your mouth and force you to drink it, it cannot speak or will you to do anything. So who is making you drink it? The answer is you are! So this brave battle is between you and you. How can you win a battle against yourself? You have become the enemy that you hate!

The key to winning a battle against yourself is that one side needs to surrender. That can be the side who wants to drink or the side that doesn't, that is up to you. But, taking into account that you have only just realised that you are fighting yourself and you have been doing this for years without realising, you are going to need some help and guidance. So go to AA meetings and listen so you can win this war by surrendering and walking away from it.