Notices

Saw the aftermath of drug addaction today .

Old 05-04-2014, 04:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Saw the aftermath of drug addaction today .

We used to call them "Tweakers ", I have not seen one in a long time .

We went to look at some tractors at a house a few miles away .
One of the occupants was just used / burned up .

It is a stark reality check of what can happen .
Old 05-04-2014, 04:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Addiction is definitely not something to be taken lightly . . . it's a serious business!!
Old 05-04-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
It's heartbreaking.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

DO NOT understand meth or heroin addiction. I was just a garden variety drunk for 45 years off and on. i am amazed my liver function is still normal - even when I was on Tamoxifen for 3 years post lumpectomy for stage 0 CA. Even when I was taking Ritalin and Adderal as an adult with ADD, I did not like stimulants - made me feel blah or yucky I still have to live with the brain I was "given" at birth but it's a heck of a lot easier to control without the craziness of alcohol. Not that I'm looking down on "tweakers" or methadone addicts - I just wonder if there's a tendency for that crowd to be slightly sociopathic ?? all I'm saying' is - look at Hoffman or that Peaches gal - who had it all, but yet threw it all away - what's up with that? (shaking my head and thanking god for being sober) I guess what I'm feeling is NORMAL - for a change. Went to a buddhist meditation group this morning, yoga at noon, and a bike ride over to the mall at 100 degrees (balmy for my town). well, rambling, so ya'll have a great sunday evening. Zig
Old 05-04-2014, 05:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by azbluesgal View Post
DO NOT understand meth or heroin addiction. I was just a garden variety drunk for 45 years off and on. i am amazed my liver function is still normal - even when I was on Tamoxifen for 3 years post lumpectomy for stage 0 CA. Even when I was taking Ritalin and Adderal as an adult with ADD, I did not like stimulants - made me feel blah or yucky I still have to live with the brain I was "given" at birth but it's a heck of a lot easier to control without the craziness of alcohol. Not that I'm looking down on "tweakers" or methadone addicts - I just wonder if there's a tendency for that crowd to be slightly sociopathic ?? all I'm saying' is - look at Hoffman or that Peaches gal - who had it all, but yet threw it all away - what's up with that? (shaking my head and thanking god for being sober) I guess what I'm feeling is NORMAL - for a change. Went to a buddhist meditation group this morning, yoga at noon, and a bike ride over to the mall at 100 degrees (balmy for my town). well, rambling, so ya'll have a great sunday evening. Zig
And those who are addicted to meth don't understand us either. People react differently to different substances. It is definitely sad to see. There are many my age in my hometown addicted to heroin.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

No matter the drug of choice we're all the same. Doesn't matter if it's alcohol, drugs, spending, food, gambling, sex, whatever the addiction is. We all react to it the same way. It takes over our lives and we will lie, cheat, steal, and do anything to continue using.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by azbluesgal View Post
To me it sounds like you are judging. Frankly alcohol is much more dangerous based on how many people it kills. If your an alcoholic than your an addict. So in my mind I see no difference between you and that tweaker except progression and chosen chemical. A lot of people chase the empty bottle to their death.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

"all I'm saying' is - look at Hoffman or that Peaches gal - who had it all, but yet threw it all away - what's up with that? "
and MANY alcoholics have done the same. addiction or alcoholism- doesn't matter. neither one gives a crap who a person is or what they do. they will both destroy anyone they can.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Those tweakers make me a bit on edge ,I don't trust them .
Old 05-04-2014, 06:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by karate View Post
Those tweakers make me a bit on edge ,I don't trust them .
My brother died of a heroin overdose last year. He was the kindest, funniest, and most kind hearted person ever. Never got into stealing or violence. I miss him more than words can say.
Think before you post.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by babycat View Post
My brother died of a heroin overdose last year. He was the kindest, funniest, and most kind hearted person ever. Never got into stealing or violence. I miss him more than words can say.
Think before you post.

Sorry if I offended you .

Im not totally ignorant of the drug culture either .

Had a friend , very personable fellow ,died of meth overdose .
Old 05-04-2014, 06:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by karate View Post
Sorry if I offended you .

Im totally ignorant .
Here we go that is more like it...
Old 05-04-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jdooner View Post
Here we go that is more like it...

Ill bet you keep the rulebook handy ,to insult people at meetings .

Seen a few like you before ,Sorry you are so miserable
Old 05-04-2014, 09:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
"all I'm saying' is - look at Hoffman or that Peaches gal - who had it all, but yet threw it all away - what's up with that? " and MANY alcoholics have done the same. addiction or alcoholism- doesn't matter. neither one gives a crap who a person is or what they do. they will both destroy anyone they can.
Not sure what you mean by they threw it all away, what's up with that!! Haven't we all done the same regardless off the total $$$ all addict/alcoholic's have done the same often without knowing they are doing it.

I'm recovering from a long time love affair with alcohol, heroin and ice, it wasn't until I lost my relationship, business, cars, all my savings and material possessions and in huge debit that I realised what I had done. Something I did not even consider during active addiction.

Addiction does not discriminate nor should we judge.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:50 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Babycat/Karate-

Just so you know, the term "tweaker" refers to people who do meth, not heroin.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:04 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Taking5 View Post
Babycat/Karate-

Just so you know, the term "tweaker" refers to people who do meth, not heroin.

OK, thanks. My day is now filled with sunshine and rainbows.
I guess it is a regional thing...
like **** that it matters, for ****'s sake.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by babycat View Post
OK, thanks. My day is now filled with sunshine and rainbows.
I guess it is a regional thing...
like **** that it matters, for ****'s sake.
Point being, he wasn't taking a swipe at your brother. Move on and you may have a day with sunshine and rainbows. I hope so.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:43 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's so much miscommunication and misinformation in this thread (not to mention a little prejudice) that I think we'll leave it there....

Thread closed.
D