Notices

What disease do I have

Old 04-16-2014, 03:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

We all mean well, but we aren't doctors. I suggest talking to a professional. Also, DO NOT GO ON GOOGLE AND LOOK IT UP. You could look up sweaty armpits and find a site telling you that you have stage 4 cancer - don't do it.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrendonM View Post
We all mean well, but we aren't doctors. I suggest talking to a professional. Also, DO NOT GO ON GOOGLE AND LOOK IT UP. You could look up sweaty armpits and find a site telling you that you have stage 4 cancer - don't do it.
LOL, that made me smile because that is exactly what I have been doing. I fond sites that make me feel a little better and then I find something that tells me I could have cancer or cirhossis.

If one has an inflamed liver, do they know when it happens or are there not any symptoms for this? I would thing if someone has an inflamed and uncomfortable abdomen, that would do it for them regarding drinking. I have no desire at all to drink.

Guys, I cant help it, I am freaking out.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

We're not a medical board Kllme.

No matter how many times you ask, we can't give you any more reassurance than we already have, y'know?

D
Old 04-16-2014, 04:15 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Nothing is in reversible until you're looking up at the grass instead of looking down at it . Till then put down the drink say no to Mr vodka eat healthy exercise you start feeling better before you know it.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
zjw

Has anyone else drank similar to that for that long and that frequently? Will the gut eventually go away? Can I not feel anything when I work out because my liver is not breaking down protein?
Give it time if its any consolation i was a mess drank like a fish every day. I had a ton of ailments when i quit all sorts of problems I was smoking over 2 packs a day etc.. I'm about your age as well. Years of that nonsense smoked dope daily for years took pills and other drugs as well. I was 275lbs i had trouble getting up the stairs etc.. i was a mess.

fast forward Now i've been sober almost 3 years i'm 150lbs and run 60 miles a week I'm in the best shape of my life and i feel great. these changes dont happen over night they take time and effort 1 day at a time. You would be surprised how fast you can loose the gut just keep at it.

Your body needs to heal and recover and its amazing how good the body is at doing this. It aint over yet!!! I always say everyone else is getting older but i'm getting younger!
Old 04-16-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

As many have already said, we can't diagnose you here. If you can't afford a doctor, at the very least don't drink another drop. Just because you have a lot of symptoms indicating fatty liver does not mean it won't correct itself it you abstain, IF YOU ABSTAIN.

Don't fool yourself into a false sense of security if you stop drinking for a few weeks and the jaundice lifts and you feel better. You must start on a lifelong quest now to never drink another drop of alcohol. Please, also don't take Acetaminophen. I see you mentioned a pain reliever addiction as well and just wanted to warn you about Tylenol. Do Not Take It, especially now that you appear to have liver problems.

Stay off the booze, get well and see a doctor as soon as you can.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Stop thins don't drink nonsense. I don't have the least desire to drink. If I knew I was in this bad of shape I would have stopped. This what I know is cirhossis happened over night when the fluid and pain in the abdomen kicked in. I know it is progressiave but I didn't have any symtoms at all until 4 days ago. Never inflamed liver that made me feel uncomfortable and never signs of fibrosis. Only symptom that showed up was at cirhossis now that I have a permanent gut.

I am thinking of just going to ER and running up a 6K bill to get the answer that I already know and just not pay them. What do I have to lose
Old 04-16-2014, 08:38 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

you're credit rating, I guess?

best wishes with whatever you decide to do kllme.

D
Old 04-16-2014, 11:11 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I won't need a credit rating. It is shot to hell anyway
Old 04-16-2014, 11:32 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I would go get checked out!
(PS- I drank like you; 20 shots a day... Give or take. With some coke to boot. Just don't do it anymore and take care of yourself. You only get one body in this lifetime!)
Old 04-17-2014, 12:05 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Is this what AA is like? "Don't drink again" I don't want too. And for all of the good stories about how great you are doing now, why not share your diagnoses? Did you have inflamed liver after 8 glasses of wine a week? Did you drink a 6 pack after work? Did you get massive fluid build up of your stomach where it doubled in size overnight and you all of a sudden have a spare tire?
Old 04-17-2014, 01:20 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Kllme, you can't get annoyed at us for not being doctors and not being able to diagnose your symptoms on an online Forum.

I drank for 5 years straight, beer led to whisky, and by the end wine was in there too, but I couldn't say to someone who drank the same volumes (if that could even be possible to work out, due to the mixing of drinks), "you'll be alright, as I'm still here", because there are far too many variables - height, weight, genetic makeup, strength of alcohol, speed of drinking, was there food in my system, how many days I didn't drink etc etc . . . all of these variables and many more make a like for like comparison when it comes to potential alcohol damage very unsafe to rely upon!!
Old 04-17-2014, 02:21 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Kllme when you signed up here you agreed to abide by all our rules - including our medical advice rule.

10. Medical Advice: No Posts giving medical advice, medication advice, or psychiatric advice. Do not use the forum to give or ask for professional medical or psychiatric advice. If you are a medical professional, please remember the forums and chat are for peer support only and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services. Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals. Detox can be dangerous and life threatening at times. Please consult with your physician.
There is no point in asking us for experience - our stories may not have any relevance or bearing on what your situation is..

As a number of people have told you, even if we had the medical knowledge, there are too many variables for us to guess what this might be.

You should not rely on SR as any kind of medical authority.
The only way you will get your questions answered is by visiting a medical professional.

If my stomach doubled in size overnight I would not hesitate to seek medical advice immediately.

Whether you do that or not is your call - but don't get annoyed at the members here who can't answer what is an unreasonable question for you to ask.

Thread closed.
D