Notices

90 days sober!

Old 03-31-2014, 03:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up 90 days sober!

Hi guys, today is 90 days sober!, I can't believe how dedicated I have been getting to 3 months! I'm very grateful for everyone's support, it would have been a lot harder to get to this stage without you, so

But I will be honest, despite eating well and exercising, I still feel out of whack, I feel the same as I did in the first and second month which I think is PAWS, I'm tired a lot of the time, sleeping a lot but feel groggy when waking, feel unmotivated to do much, slightly depressed, anxious, in a mental fog, feel weak, despite only being in my mid twenties my sex drive has disappeared, slight aches and pains, I feel vulnerable to life's stresses, definitely feel like I'm in the thick of it! Which is slightly worrying because I've read about people feeling good at 3 months sober, but I guess everyone is different.

But I'm sticking with it, my next major milestone will be 6 months, maybe I will be feeling better then. I remember before I was a heavy everyday drinker I would feel great at 3 weeks sober, I am using that feeling to keep motivated in sobriety.

Thanks again for all your support.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations, 90 days is all kinds of wonderful...
I was the same for the 1st few months, It really is only turning around now at four and a half months....
Old 03-31-2014, 03:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Well done on the ninety days!
Old 03-31-2014, 03:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats! Major milestone, Keep on keeping on!
Old 03-31-2014, 03:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Notimetoloose View Post
Congratulations, 90 days is all kinds of wonderful...
I was the same for the 1st few months, It really is only turning around now at four and a half months....
Thats very encouraging to hear notimetoloose, Thanks!
Old 03-31-2014, 03:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations AlwaysSober1

It took me a little longer than 90 days to feel 'good again; so don;t give up - you're doing great

D
Old 03-31-2014, 04:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congratulations AlwaysSober1

It took me a little longer than 90 days to feel 'good again; so don;t give up - you're doing great

D
Thank you Dee!
Old 03-31-2014, 04:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on 90 days

Fred
Old 03-31-2014, 04:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Grats on 3 months
Old 03-31-2014, 05:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Congrats! What an accomplishment!
Old 03-31-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats, I'm not there yet but by the grace of god I will get there one day at a time. I'm having a bad PAWS day myself, just can't seem to shake it. But now that I know what it is, it's at least manageable. Again congrats, that's awesome.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

90 DAYS IS BIG TIME!!! Keep it going...good job!
Old 03-31-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by AlwaysSober1 View Post
Hi guys, today is 90 days sober!, I can't believe how dedicated I have been getting to 3 months! I'm very grateful for everyone's support, it would have been a lot harder to get to this stage without you, so

But I will be honest, despite eating well and exercising, I still feel out of whack, I feel the same as I did in the first and second month which I think is PAWS, I'm tired a lot of the time, sleeping a lot but feel groggy when waking, feel unmotivated to do much, slightly depressed, anxious, in a mental fog, feel weak, despite only being in my mid twenties my sex drive has disappeared, slight aches and pains, I feel vulnerable to life's stresses, definitely feel like I'm in the thick of it! Which is slightly worrying because I've read about people feeling good at 3 months sober, but I guess everyone is different.

But I'm sticking with it, my next major milestone will be 6 months, maybe I will be feeling better then. I remember before I was a heavy everyday drinker I would feel great at 3 weeks sober, I am using that feeling to keep motivated in sobriety.

Thanks again for all your support.
Hi alwayssober,

Fabulous achievement on 3 months, it is even more remarkable considering how rough you have been feeling and it shows your a mentally very strong person, everything you have described is what I have experienced in my 4 months sober, lethargic at certain times from out of nowhere and body aches too, feeling weak sometimes along with headaches too, all the good stuff eh?

Do not lose sight of your achievement and that is something no one can ever take away from you- the fact is you do not need alcohol feels amazing after so long abusing the stuff.
Well done buddy
Stuart.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:26 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 90 days!!! I am right behind you.....WE can keep it going to 6 months! The lousy feelings may have to do with something else, I suggest a full physical. Could be lack of vit D, depression? Hope you feel better soon!
Old 03-31-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

90 days!!! That's awesome!!!
Old 03-31-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks Stuart, congrats on the 4 months! Keep up the good work

It does feel weird I'm at 3 months sober, never thought that was possible! Me still feeling the way I do actually makes me realise how much damage alcohol has done to my body, which makes me never want to go through this again!

I am now focusing on the next 3 months, hopefully they will be easier and I will start to feel good..lol, take care.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rove27 View Post
Congratulations on 90 days!!! I am right behind you.....WE can keep it going to 6 months! The lousy feelings may have to do with something else, I suggest a full physical. Could be lack of vit D, depression? Hope you feel better soon!
Thanks rove27, I'm determined to get to 6 months, hopefully by then I will feel better!
Old 03-31-2014, 09:53 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Ryno032709

Originally Posted by AlwaysSober1 View Post
I will be honest, despite eating well and exercising, I still feel out of whack, I feel the same as I did in the first and second month which I think is PAWS, I'm tired a lot of the time, sleeping a lot but feel groggy when waking, feel unmotivated to do much, slightly depressed, anxious, in a mental fog, feel weak, despite only being in my mid twenties my sex drive has disappeared, slight aches and pains, I feel vulnerable to life's stresses, definitely feel like I'm in the thick of it! Which is slightly worrying because I've read about people feeling good at 3 months sober, but I guess everyone is different. But I'm sticking with it, my next major milestone will be 6 months, maybe I will be feeling better then. I remember before I was a heavy everyday drinker I would feel great at 3 weeks sober, I am using that feeling to keep motivated in sobriety. )
Great job with three months of sobriety! The first 3months were the most difficult to deal with for me.

Let me ask you... Besides not drinking (and eating healthier) what have you begin to better yourself? I don't mean physically I mean mentally.

If you are not noticing any changes and you are onto 3months then now may be a good time to get into AA. If you are already there then 3 months is the perfect date to get a sponsor.

Keep up the great work and take things One Day At A Time
Old 03-31-2014, 09:54 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 3 months! That's great.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:08 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Congratulations!