Notices

90 days sober!

Old 03-31-2014, 10:09 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ryno03272009 View Post
Great job with three months of sobriety! The first 3months were the most difficult to deal with for me.

Let me ask you... Besides not drinking (and eating healthier) what have you begin to better yourself? I don't mean physically I mean mentally.

If you are not noticing any changes and you are onto 3months then now may be a good time to get into AA. If you are already there then 3 months is the perfect date to get a sponsor.

Keep up the great work and take things One Day At A Time
Thanks ryno, my mental approach for staying sober is not to expect too much in the first year, try not to take on too much, take it easy for awhile, trying not to base how I feel now to how I will feel in future, just got to keep going!
Old 03-31-2014, 12:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

90 days and "rolling"...keep it up. It only gets better!
Old 03-31-2014, 01:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AlwaysSober1 View Post
Hi guys, today is 90 days sober!, I can't believe how dedicated I have been getting to 3 months! I'm very grateful for everyone's support, it would have been a lot harder to get to this stage without you, so

But I will be honest, despite eating well and exercising, I still feel out of whack, I feel the same as I did in the first and second month which I think is PAWS, I'm tired a lot of the time, sleeping a lot but feel groggy when waking, feel unmotivated to do much, slightly depressed, anxious, in a mental fog, feel weak, despite only being in my mid twenties my sex drive has disappeared, slight aches and pains, I feel vulnerable to life's stresses, definitely feel like I'm in the thick of it! Which is slightly worrying because I've read about people feeling good at 3 months sober, but I guess everyone is different.

But I'm sticking with it, my next major milestone will be 6 months, maybe I will be feeling better then. I remember before I was a heavy everyday drinker I would feel great at 3 weeks sober, I am using that feeling to keep motivated in sobriety.

Thanks again for all your support.
YAY! Good for you. 90 days is a huge accomplishment! How's your tooth?
Old 03-31-2014, 02:38 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi readerbaby71, this is the thing...lol...I started to think it was a mass of ulcers/blisters caused by me rubbing raw sliced garlic on my gum when I thought it was a tooth abscess. I have since stopped the garlic and the pain mostly gone away! The ulcers/blisters which were quite big have slowly receded but they are still at the very top of my gum improving everyday, I'm waiting for them to completely go to see if there is any abscess there...but I have my doubts! The ulcers were terrible, even formed on the inside of my lip from using the garlic!

I now think if I had an abscess I would know about it! I'm in very little pain and just looks like some large ulcers healing on my gum now! Hopefully once they have gone there will be no abscess, even better no need for antibiotics or dental work!
Old 04-01-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

90 Days is Fantastic!!