Notices

Small things please me greatly...

Old 03-28-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Small things please me greatly...

Walking through town today...nice sunny day...got a take away coffee and sat in the local park. There are swings there...I was watching the kids for a while, thinking isn't it great just to be alive?!! No nausea, pounding headache or wearing of sunglasses. There were days when I was drinking and at my worst when I didn't see the light of day (up drinking all night). Then I thought "jeez, better get out of here, I look like a kidnapper My new obsession is staying up late drinking herbal tea and watching Criminal Minds or Law and Order: SVU...I think I've been watching too much.

My dad is looking a bit thin lately. I made an appointment for him with the doctor for a full check-up...I said I would pay as it's at the private hospital but I got great satisfaction when the receptionist handed me the little card, to know I can do this for my dad. He is such a good, kind, caring dad. I am still job-hunting but I do have some savings (small amount) and I get jobseekers allowance...I also bought a new book, my wallet is not as empty now that I'm not buying two bottles of wine a night...

So I'm making plans and planning my trip. I was thinking August/September/October. I will message my brother tomorrow to see what suits. I have never been to Ann Arbor but my friend has and she says I will really enjoy it. My last trip to the States was a tour of Route 66, and I did think Arizona and Texas would kill me...that's why I decided on autumn...it has always been my favourite season. And it's giving me something to plan and look forward to...I am so excited already and I haven't even booked my tickets yet!

"“Pleasure is found first in anticipation, later in memory.”

― Gustave Flaubert

I hope you all have a happy weekend! Happy Mother's Day weekend to those of you in Ireland and the U.K. and here's to five more months
Old 03-28-2014, 07:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

We look forward to seeing you on this side of the pond again Tetra.

Autumn is my favorite season. I think you will really enjoy Michigan during that time.

I also appreciate just being in a beautiful day and watching kids play.
I think you are really healing and building a solid foundation of sobriety--
you have made so much progress. Pat yourself on the back and enjoy your new book
Old 03-28-2014, 08:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like a beautiful day and that is great of you to take care of your dad, I hope your future trip is amazing ! I'd love to travel more of the states as well one day. Hope the rest of your weekend is good as well.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
zjw

its was always very hard for me to find pleasure in the little things if it didnt involve being drunk. Now thankfully I also find pleasure in that. there is some stuff still tough like I used to like to sit on the porch and drink. I do like sitting on the porch still but iwthout a cigarette in one hand and a beer in the other I figure whats the point. I hope to enjoy that past time again tho minus the cigarette and beer.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post

I am so excited already and I haven't even booked my tickets yet!

"“Pleasure is found first in anticipation, later in memory.”

― Gustave Flaubert
nice thread
good to see someone enjoying their sobriety so very much
on this early Saturday morning

in Southern California
two beautiful places to see and stay are
Borrego Springs -- in the desert
and
San Diego -- great city with many beaches

MM