Notices

Acceptance Isn't ALWAYS the Answer...

Old 03-26-2014, 12:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Acceptance Isn't ALWAYS the Answer...

Hello, ALL -

I've been on this Site for a Number of Months, now. I have had My Stints of sobriety - 6 weeks, 80 Days, 10 Days, etc...But after 30ish Years of Drinking with NO REAL Sober time-The only Sober time I've had, On MY Own was with nothing but a Swelling Itchy Brain and no Direction or the Influence I have Gotten Here, at SR...Little-By-Little I am getting More POWER from the Experience of ALL You Folks Here.

That's Why I Say...Acceptance isn't ALWAYS the Answer. I DO NOT ACCEPT, WHATSOEVER that My Alcoholism will Indeed Take Me down. You have ALL given Me Much More Hope than that.

I Also know that My exposure to such a wonderful Place -a place that I keep coming back to-that I cannot Leave Alone-keeps me Going...

No matter what I am going through, I DEFAULT to this page in My Internet Activity. I have Said this Before, and I don't care-I'll say it AGAIN: I am Hooked-Quite "Addicted" to this Site. I'm not perfect, and I'm not "perfectly" trying to achieve Sobriety, But You Cats are "perfect" for Me and My Sometimes "Questionable" attempts at Sobriety...I am Truly Grateful You are all Here...Peace - We'll get there, Together!!!

AL
Old 03-26-2014, 12:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi al

I'm not sure I getting what you're saying here...maybe I'm misunderstanding....but I absolutely categorically and fundamentally had to accept my alcoholism would 'take me down' *if I continued drinking*...

Without that acceptance I'd shudder to think where I'd be.

D
Old 03-26-2014, 12:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I Accepted for a little while that I was Meant to be NO MORE than a Practising, Dying Alcoholic -I am NOT Accepting that, any Longer...Just to Clarify...
Old 03-26-2014, 12:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Gotcha

Yeah I succumbed a few times to that idea - a doomed romantic life...but at some level, I must have known I was BSing myself...cos I never *quite* gave up completely.

I'm glad you didn't either Diff
Old 03-26-2014, 12:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was just Believing that Fate Had no More in Store for Me - And I was About to Give In and Let it be that way - No fight-just let Myself Slide into Oblivion and Nothingness...Until I Just Couldn't ACCEPT that Alternative...
Old 03-26-2014, 12:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow, the Complexity of the English Language and the Alcoholic Brain. all entangled - Yes, I know perhaps I could have said it all Differently - More Understandable-but I am TRULY a Layman, as well as an Alcoholic...

Regardless - This Disease is ...Slowly...In an Unwelcome Way...Going to Slither its' way OUT of My Life - and I will NEVER Stop Trying.

No Matter How Pathetic, Strong. Weak. Arrogant, Self-Centered, Analytical or Distraught I might Feel - I can Never Accept that this is ALL Fate has in Store for Me...I Have things to do-things I don't even know about, coming down the Pipe, Babies...
Old 03-26-2014, 12:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

devil with a small d

once we truly accept the fact that
God wants more for us than to slip away into a torn up life drunk

then realizing what God has saved us from
we only have to relate to a few newcomers having a hard time to understand (accept)
yes -- he has saved us from the liquid devil

today that would be devil with a small d and not like before with a capital D

Mountainman

John 8:44 ►

New International Version
You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

OMG -Romantic, Yes Dee -But Holy cow, in such a Twisted kind of Way, Huh? Ewww...Sickly-Sweet and Lost/Misdirected/Terminal...It's kind of Amazing, the Stuff We can feed Ourselves, eh?
Old 03-26-2014, 01:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

self deception

Originally Posted by diffingo911 View Post

It's kind of Amazing, the Stuff We can feed Ourselves
might be one of the best things that I have learned
this sober time around
keeping an eye on the guy in the mirror
the one who has deceived me the most

in early sobriety my Sponsor would ask of me
who has deceived you the most in life
at first I didn't even know the answer
as I thought to myself of all of the others that I have known
then my Sponsor asked of me
who looks back at you in the mirror ?

MM
Old 03-26-2014, 05:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

You threw me there for a minute, diffingo. You used acceptance in a different context than I usually see here.

I am glad you don't accept that you have to drink your life away. Id on't accept that for myself, either. That would be...unacceptable!