Notices

Start Of Day Five

Old 03-19-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Start Of Day Five

Hey all!

Well this morning is the start of sober day number five. I'd post in the Newcomers To Recovery forum, but this is a repeat day number five My first day sober was after my first recovery back on 8/13/13 when I left rehab. I won't get into the details of my rocky road now, and I'll focus on today.

I feel okay. Most of my usual withdrawal symptoms are minor or gone. The worst right now is my photosensitivity in my eyes, and not just to sunlight, but most sources of light. I also have insomnia and night sweats, but that's been getting better every night.

A hard thing is that this time aroun is that my parents finally talked to some of my family members about my alcoholism. One of my uncles and my paternal grandfather are recovering alcoholics, so I know I can draw on them for support. I'm just having a hard time dealing with several family members knowing. I know I have nothing to be embarrassed about, but its still hard.

And now for the hardest: my girlfriend (that would be of two years on 3/30) finally said that she doesn't want to see me until she is done with this semester of her law school. I truly can't blame, her shes stood with me over several relapses. I've caused her so much pain, and I am dealing with that guilt pretty badly. But hey, we're still "in a relationship on the all mighty facebook, right? (kidding)

Anyways, despite the last two paragraphs, I'm still staying positive. I've been on the treadmill the last two days, I'm trying to keep food and fluids in me, and saw my Doctor on Monday. I've got my blue book and AA, and I've got this website.

Anyways, thanks for reading if you did. I've been a member here since December, but this is only my third post. Thanks, and stay sober, healthy, and strong!
Old 03-19-2014, 09:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job!
Old 03-19-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Rooting for you, DK.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

We're with you, DK