Notices

Got a new job

Old 03-07-2014, 09:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Got a new job

I gave two weeks notice on Sunday at my current job I start my new job in two weeks. I have been tempted to just walk out. But I won't allow myself all around me people have been quitting and never coming back. My dad was like just don't show up you can go visit your grandma I won't get a chance to again. I was going to ask kindly if I could leave early so I can visit my grandma only problem is I won't be able to get a good reference and if I just never showed up again at the job I would have to make an amends and that would sure suck. I would also feel bad about myself. These are the things that are keeping me from walking out from walmart. Yesterday a coworker just didn't show up to work at all she quit.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on taking the initiative to find something new, I hope it works out better than your current job.

I think it's clear you understand what the right thing to do is in this situation. Doing the right thing will reflect on you in a positive way down the road.

Also remember that you cannot control what others do, and using their lack of professionalism as as an excuse or benchmark for how you should act will also reflect on you down the road.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Congrats on your new job!