Notices

My First Day of Sobriety

Old 02-21-2014, 07:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My First Day of Sobriety

Hello Everybody

I made a decision today with the realization and help from a good friend of mine that the best choice for me to make is to quit drinking alcohol.

In the last few years of my life, I have been deeply traumatized emotionally due to loss of a parent to brain cancer which sent me into a terrible depression and mourning, which then led to me getting into a relationship with a serious drug addict which of course went bad. That relationship almost ruined my life.

In two years since, I have recovered from that trauma and got my life back together and found a wonderful person with whom I am in love with...the problem is that due to emotional scarring, I have turned angry and jealous toward this beautiful person only when I have been extremely drunk and have almost lost him due to this, more than once.

Well, last night may have been my last straw with him. A good friend of mine from out of town came to visit and we all went out together and had a great time, until the end of the night when I became too drunk and went to the bathroom, and came back and accused them both of betraying me. It was so embarrassing and horrible what I put them through.

My friend of course, forgives me but believes that I have to never let myself get out of control ever again and that means that I can never get drunk ever again. I agree that it's time for me to move on from this at this point in my life to really reach for what I want. That includes my goals and aspirations, as well as having a healthy relationship with a beautiful person that I am enamored and ecstatic about.

I ask for prayers and good energy and any loving words of wisdom you may have.

Thank you sincerely.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for your loss. If alcohol is causing you problems, it's probably a good idea to quit. There is a lot of help and support here. Good luck!
Old 02-21-2014, 07:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Good choice and sorry you lost your parent xxx
Old 02-21-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

myheartaches,
Such a common story of a beautiful person with an ugly habit. If you can cut back and enjoy a drink on your terms, then that is the solution. But if you are like most of us, you know that the choices are you either quit or become numb to the increasingly bad consequences of our drinking. I have became tired of trying to numb myself to and justifying the consequences, seems you have reached the same point. Best wishes!
Old 02-21-2014, 08:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jw1969 View Post
myheartaches,
Such a common story of a beautiful person with an ugly habit. If you can cut back and enjoy a drink on your terms, then that is the solution. But if you are like most of us, you know that the choices are you either quit or become numb to the increasingly bad consequences of our drinking. I have became tired of numbing myself to and justifying the consequences, hope you do the same.
What they said ^^
Im sorry to hear about your loss please dont turn to alcohol. It only makes everything worse!