Notices

I haven't slept yet.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I haven't slept yet.

I haven't experienced any sickness or withdrawal symptoms yet. Today is day 3 can it still start? I didn't sleep AT ALL last night. My heart was beating fast and then irregularly. I feel fine now but I'm scared it might get worse?
Old 02-19-2014, 07:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It is very common to have anxiety,insomnia when detoxing.
For me it lasted about 3 days. But it's different for everybody.
If you're scared,talk with a doctor and get something to help.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Day 3 and 4 were always the absolute worst for me. Don't be afraid to see a doctor if you have health concerns, they can help.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jade1224 View Post
I haven't experienced any sickness or withdrawal symptoms yet. Today is day 3 can it still start? I didn't sleep AT ALL last night. My heart was beating fast and then irregularly. I feel fine now but I'm scared it might get worse?
Jade, so glad to hear that you do not feel sick. Insomnia is definitely normal when you stop drinking and it can continue for some time. You may want to talk to your doctor about your heart rate and irregularity if that continues but it is probably just your body reacting to the chemical changes within. Involving your doctor in your efforts toward sobriety may be a good idea in any event; alcohol affects each of us differently. Congratulations on Day 3, Jade.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 3 that is awesome !!!
Old 02-19-2014, 08:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I would think the worse is over. The insomnia will pass in time, but I agree with everyone you should get a checkup.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the support. Despite being extremely tired I am feeling great. My mood has drastically improved

I think I was just giving myself anxiety last night. I have always had a problem with my heartbeat though. After drinking my heart would beat like crazy. Does it do that to everyone or is it just a reaction i have?
Old 02-19-2014, 09:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Well done. Give yourself some time and go to your doctors if you are worried xxxx
Old 02-19-2014, 09:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The doctor gave me a pill for that. I forget what it was called off hand. It reduced my anxiety levels and detoxing affects. At the time it felt like a miracle pill, but soon learned that that pill was highly addictive and very unhealthy for the body.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

When you drink intensely and long enough your brain compensates for the depressive effects on your central nervous system by manufacturing it's own stimulants.
That how we can stay awake and still remain active despite drinking the liquid relaxer.
But when we quit, it takes our brains a while to adjust, and stop manufacturing those stimulants.
I was always unable to sleep, manic, and was really hyper for about 5 days after quitting. And, I quit too many times to count! The heart beating like a drum, yeah, that too. I would stabilize after about 5 or 6 days and finally get a good nights sleep.
I'm so glad I got off that merry-go-round. I haven't had to experience that for years and the idea of doing that again, totally unpalatable...
Old 02-19-2014, 02:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I experienced the irregular heartbeat and insomnia as well...it is an awful feeling, so I totally empathize with you.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I remember day 3 to 7 being really hard but after that my mood improved and I was able to sleep. Prepare for feeling quite tired and you may find you start to need naps for a while. Well done.xx
Old 02-19-2014, 03:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Day 3 was always the worst for me as far as withdrawal.
Of course,for me. Not too long after that,my alcoholic mind kicked in. It went something like "I'm feeling really really good,I think I'll have a beer".
Keep up the good work. When the Booze demon sneaks up on you. Kick his butt. Don't be nice to him. Show no mercy.

Fred
Old 02-19-2014, 06:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I had that also for basically the first month. Slowly it got better.

Well done on day 3. You can do this
Old 02-20-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jade1224 View Post
Thanks for all the support. Despite being extremely tired I am feeling great. My mood has drastically improved

I think I was just giving myself anxiety last night. I have always had a problem with my heartbeat though. After drinking my heart would beat like crazy. Does it do that to everyone or is it just a reaction i have?

Had anxiety problems off and on for years .

Drinking in some people causes anxiety , I noticed mine coming back .
Old 02-20-2014, 07:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Happened to me before with the heart rate, and no sleep. Even an odd sense in my chest as if I was going to have a heart attack. But greatfully I didn't, think my young age helped. But you will sleep fine soon, and the morning after your first great night of sleep will be the best
Old 02-22-2014, 06:17 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Karate, me too! The Dr. prescribed me anti-anxiety and anti-depressive meds when I was drinking, but they didn't help. I slowly went off the meds while I let go of drinking this past December. Now I am anxiety, alcohol and med free today.