Notices

Content

Old 02-18-2014, 07:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Content

It's late at night and I am alone in the house, drinking herbal tea and reading a magazine in bed. I also have the book I'm reading beside me.

I can't explain how I'm feeling...quite peaceful. I never thought I could feel this content.

Should I be worried about the amount of tea I'm drinking? My consumption of tea has increased dramatically.

I don't obsess about the past or future any more. What will be, will be. No matter what happens, I have been to hell before and I feel I can get through anything. My therapist tells me I have a strong soul. I never thought I could feel this good.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

do you sleep alright? If i drink caffeine after 3p, i have a hard time
Old 02-18-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I had a latte before my class earlier. I've always been a bit of a night owl. I like to drink camomile tea while in bed. It's relaxing and it's a big change from the two bottles of wine I "needed to sleep"
Old 02-18-2014, 07:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've been in darkness, loneliness and nothingness for so long. And one day, without really noticing, I have moved into the sun, and in love with the world, and I'm happy I'm still here x
Old 02-18-2014, 07:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
I

Should I be worried about the amount of tea I'm drinking? My consumption of tea has increased dramatically.
Well, Its sucks having to get outta bed to take a pee
Old 02-18-2014, 08:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've been in darkness, loneliness and nothingness for so long. And one day, without really noticing, I have moved into the sun, and in love with the world, and I'm happy I'm still here x
Wonderful words.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Agreed, really beautiful Tetra!
Old 02-18-2014, 08:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I LOVE this.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
DOS: 11/6/10

As long as the tea isn't bothering you, I say have at it. Herbal teas without caffeine are wonderful and make me feel like I'm taking care of myself, even if it causes a few nocturnal potty breaks ;D
Old 02-18-2014, 10:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It's late at night and I am alone in the house, drinking herbal tea and reading a magazine in bed. I also have the book I'm reading beside me.

I can't explain how I'm feeling...quite peaceful. I never thought I could feel this content.

I don't obsess about the past or future any more. What will be, will be. No matter what happens, I have been to hell before and I feel I can get through anything. My therapist tells me I have a strong soul. I never thought I could feel this good.
If you're finding that you really like tea, I suggest getting into good tea. It's not expensive compared to booze and it can be a really fun hobby. Western tea tends to be a tea bag in a mug of water. A few problems with that is that tea bags are usually low quality, and a typical mug is around 11 ounces. Now considering that, look at how these guys drink tea...

Dong Ding Oolong [TeaDB Episode 2] - YouTube

They're using a teapot called a gaiwan, and look how small it is! I have the same size one they are using and it's only like 4 ounces. A pot of high quality tea brewed in this way can go all day easily. 6-8 cups of tea a day sounds like a lot, but considering the pot is only around 4 ounces, 3 of those cups is about equal to one mug, assuming you fill it up pretty full, so really it's not that much. I wouldn't worry about drinking too much tea. Below is some more info if you're interested.

Taiwanese Oolong Compendium | TeaDB

This is a very powerful concept and you can't really go wrong in living this way. It seems to me that almost all suffering is thought based, it's either regret from the past, or worry or desire for something in the future, and when you think in this way you set expectations for how things will be. Without those expectations and assumptions, life just sort of happens, and it's never as dramatic as our mind would make it out to be.

Hope everything continues to go well.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Some teas have caffeine in them. I heard green tea is good for you. I myself am not a tea drinker.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Realising my life

So, so happy for you, Tetra. You SO deserve to feel like this Thank you for sharing this feeling with us xxxxxx
Old 02-19-2014, 08:51 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sounds like bliss . . . I wouldn't worry about drinking tea, I drink gallons of the stuff, both green and white varieties!!