Notices

6 weeks sober, i look terrible!

Old 02-12-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
6 weeks is great, but how long did you drink? Maybe it's proportional to that....and give yourself more time to heal well!
Hi sugarbear, I was drinking for around 10 years, drinking 3 to 4 times aweek, having a week off here and there. Then the past 2 years it was everyday drinking, last 3 months of my drinking I moved to the whiskey as beer alone wasn't doing the job anymore. But its all good now.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Body is probably trying to get rid of toxins and heal itself, I know I looked awful, to the point someone a few weeks in at work commented how pale I was looking, it all passed though in time!!
Old 02-12-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I went through that...I think it was just my self-hate starting to leak out.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I physically looked like the Wrath of God for probably six months after I stopped drinking (not to mention the foggy brain and extreme lethargy) - total Ugh. 26 months out, I feel and look so much better but I may never completely undo the damage inside.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:25 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I was going to say "go for a facial, it helps me a lot" then I realised you're a male

Originally Posted by freethinking View Post
Maybe start taking a multi vitamin? I always suffer from iron deficiency anemia when I sober up due to poor eating habits while drinking (plus, I am just prone to it...esp during winter months). The anemia always gives me circles under my eyes when untreated.
I agree with the multivitamin. My GP also told me I was low in iron when I went for tests. I find lots of water and leafy green veg helps as well
Old 02-12-2014, 08:12 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Males can have facials too And milk baths and massages. It is a wonderful thing to treat yourself to. Pricey, but hey, if I had all that booze money back, I could've bought my own spa by now......
Old 02-13-2014, 11:20 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I can say, I drank heavily for about 5 yrs all told, and not so heavily for another 5. (heavily in my book is about 2 bottles a night, or a bottle of vodka)
I didn't really start looking good again until about 3 months to 6 months later. I'm now 44 lbs lighter and I'm looking one heck of a lot better and that is 2+ years now sober.
Just hang in there, it'll get better. You'll look and feel better. Your body just needs to heal.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:11 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks munchkin, vanity is such a insignificant issue for me right now compared to how I feel, my mentality etc, I'm over 6 weeks now but double that time I should be feeling and looking a lot better. Thanks again.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:34 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

I posted around 100 days that I FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY started to look better.

I had dark circles, bags, couldn't drop weight, skin issues, etc. Granted I couldn't pour enough refined sugar and caffeine and salt and crap into my body fast enough while I was lamenting about how awful I looked.

There is some validity to what you put in, goes out. I gave up all the crap, for three weeks now and I'm looking hotter than a match. . But I'm taking exceptional care of my physical vessel along with my spiritual soul.

I still have much work to do, but so what ?

If I had I all figured out, I wouldn't have to be here trying to figure it all out.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:48 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Congrats.. I started going to the tanning salon. Pale be gone.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:13 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I'm about the same as you. Christmas 2013 was my last drink (about 8 weeks). I feel the best physically since I can remember, but I have had dark bags under my eyes and getting darker and bigger further along in sobriety. I went to the doctor and surprisingly everything checked out completely healthy. I'm sure it's like everyone's saying in that it will get better with time.