Notices

Quantities

Old 01-26-2014, 08:55 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by foolsgold66 View Post
This isn't my experience, other people have told me things like this, that they didn't get hangovers. I always thought they were full of crap. Everybody lies, or so I thought.

I am trying to embrace knowledge that I've resisted, based on others suggestions, to help myself, and perhaps others.
So what is your next move? You've gotten a lot of good info on the subject already.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:41 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
So what is your next move? You've gotten a lot of good info on the subject already.
I'm not sure what my next move is Scott, but I think I've drawn some honest conclusions from this knowledge. I suppose that one of the most important basic ones is that I shouldn't assume that everyones experience from ingesting alcohol is the same as mine.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:06 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sorry, I guess I'm having a hard time expressing what I mean today. I was asking what your next move was specifically in regards to your drinking. Do plan to stop or continue based on what you have learned?
Old 01-26-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm planning to stop but struggling Scott. The thing I've learned here is perhaps a bit of prep for the task. I thought it was irrelevant before but maybe it is helpful as my mind struggles to defeat my mind. I'm just trying stuff that other people have suggested, none of which is to drink more.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:00 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

That article that Dee linked to was fascinating. The human body is an amazing instrument for sure. The physiological response to alcohol is so complex already before you even factor in the mental and spiritual aspects.

I steadily drank large quantities of strong beer, first malt liquor then microbrews so I was well acquainted with hangovers although they could be manipulated by eating more and drinking less later. I basically got used to having a hangover until I got my drink on every day. If the hangover was bad enough it would make the drinking less pleasant so I would drink less and not have a hangover the next day after that. I put up with that program for a long time. After a couple of years of sobriety I can contemplate these things.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Sadface.

Come on brother love !

We got a spot waiting for you on the Sober Train.
And we are GOING PLACES.
Together.
Side by side.

Aint gonna be no easier tomorrow. Or the next day. Or the one after that.
Lets do this day 1 thing, and get er dun !

XO AO
Old 01-26-2014, 12:26 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

The hangovers are what keep me in check .

Used to get some bad ones , headache was the worst .

I'd have to push through with a few beers , only thing that ever helped .

Good times -NOT !
Old 01-27-2014, 09:10 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi, i hope you don't think i'm being funny. But you remind of myself how i used too comment on my consumption and id be lucky enough not to get hangovers. It may well be you've been blessed with an iron liver and if you want to chance it and keep it up thats your choice, but don't keep it up unless you want to risk some very unpleasant experiences.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:16 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I used to get horrible hangovers, was quite a light weight and would suffer after about 3 pints of beer. now i can drink half a bottle of whiskey and not frel anything the next day, its awful.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:32 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hey fools. Alright so I'm going to say it but only cause I care, you seem well..... Pissed off. Here's the thing I spent so much time living in the pissed off but stuffing it inside and accepting my consolation prize that I could drink my pain away. Or so I thought. Some consolation prize I nearly lost the best of me, that light inside myself. You know that only you can smother that flame or give it air and let it burn.

Ok so you ventured back out and doesn't seen to have made things any better. Not saying they are any worse but, no solution in the bottle. So something has got to give. More of you must want sobriety then not or you wouldn't be with us everyday. I think your Pre sobriety was lacking a completeness of you. A happy fulfilled FoolsGold.

On the urging of your classmate Mr. Jdooner I've almost completed, "in the realm of hungry ghosts" (I swear Dr. Maté is giving him royalties at this point). I really think you should start reading it. There's a phrase that really spoke to me, "We shouldn't underestimate how desperate a chronically lonely person is to escape the prison of solitude." As well as, "no addiction in the history of the world ever alleviated more suffering then it ended up causing."

I know they say one needs to be ready to quit but I wasn't ready and I don't think I ever would have been if I didn't just take that blind leap head first. Your in the honeymoon phase with your lover alcohol... Eventually she's going to sucker punch you in the face when you're not looking!
Old 01-27-2014, 01:39 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
~sb

I kinda skimmed Dee's article (almost nap time here).....

no hangover? my friend didn't have any, but she still had serious detox issues when she did finally decide to stop....

my thinking is you have so much alcohol in you that your body has yet to actually detox fully.......(I will read that article later)....

talk with a doctor and get properly detoxed and stay stopped, this isn't a competition.

Hugs & love,
~SB
Old 01-27-2014, 01:52 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
talk with a doctor and get properly detoxed and stay stopped, this isn't a competition.

Hugs & love,
~SB
Not sure that is a great article at all. But I knew my premise anyway. Drinking crap that impairs your brain is bad. I'm pretty sure those one glass of wine is good for your heart articles can just go * themselves. On a positive note I thanx sugarbear for the love.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:53 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Over 1 liter of wine per night and no hangover. Thoughts?
Not getting a hangover is a bad thing.
Thoughts? It will get way worse if you continue and incredibly better if you quit.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:45 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Over 1 liter of wine per night and no hangover. Thoughts?
Thought 1- You must be under the influence when you posted this because I've seen your previous posts and you know the answer to this question already.

Thought 2- You aren't under the influence but for some reason your asking a loaded question, which in and if itself as a multitude of "answers" all of which aren't really going to answer your "question"

Thought 3- You should stop drinking alcohol.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:51 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I only got hang overs if I drank cheap booze. If i did get a hang over a shot of heroin or some pain killers would fix it. Now that i am sober I don't have to worry about hang overs.