Notices

Some magic on day-79

Old 01-14-2014, 10:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Some magic on day-79

You know I've been grinding away at this for 79-days and finding damn little joy in my life during this time. Something finally happened today, a friend gave me a book to read (The Power of TED). It ties in well with the pattern most of us deal with in relationship issues (reactionary victim), and the pattern of sobriety most of us go through (intense focus followed eventually by complacency). It's a great book that offers solutions to the above, and a fast read (I highly recommend), but something clicked in my head after reading this afternoon. Maybe it was time, maybe it could have come from another book, meeting, event, I don't know. But I finally felt content to be in the moment when I put the book down. Headed to MMA to train, felt jacked up and energetic on the drive there, felt okay in accepting the relationship I lost, felt okay with where I feel my life is heading. I hope this feeling of okayness continues, it feels pretty good.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad you're feeling better, NoJimmy. Feeling okay is a big improvement on joyless!
Old 01-15-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Good for you, NoJimmy, it is great to know that we can still have these A-HAH! moments from time to time. All things, like TED, that lead to empowerment and passion are great, as positivity in all its forms is essential to a fulfilling time here on this blue dot. 'There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.'

Onward!
Old 01-15-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Isn't it great to get that rush of enthusiasm you usually get drunk when you're actually sober? It's one of the feelings I live for these days. I think everyone needs those feelings to remain in the groove with sobriety. Really reminds you that life is just fine sober.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post
Good for you, NoJimmy, it is great to know that we can still have these A-HAH! moments from time to time. All things, like TED, that lead to empowerment and passion are great, as positivity in all its forms is essential to a fulfilling time here on this blue dot. 'There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.'

Onward!
Positivity and passion had become really elusive after screwing up what mattered most to me. Perhaps I felt too much guilt to allow myself to feel good about anything.
It's not my nature to be negative. I'm in Sales, it's been really tough to project a positive attitude and put on a smile while I was feeling so down inside. I'm sure I've seemed a little off to many people who know me.