Notices

Slipped up today

Old 01-14-2014, 08:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Slipped up today

Had a 24 oz beer after work , just 1 , but dammit .

Start over tomorrow .

I'm sure disappointed at my self .
Old 01-14-2014, 08:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey at least you stopped at one yeah I fully understand the disappointment, I did exactly the same thing on New Year. Well done for getting straight back off it
Old 01-14-2014, 08:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

do you think maybe you need something more than the Chuck Norris approach Karate?

I found the at war/grit my teeth approach sooner or later left me exhausted and vulnerable and that was when I caved...

D
Old 01-14-2014, 08:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
do you think maybe you need something more than the Chuck Norris approach Karate?

I found the at war/grit my teeth approach sooner or later left me exhausted and vulnerable and that was when I caved...

D
I second, third and fourth this. If I wasn't obsessively drinking I was obsessing ABOUT obsessively drinking.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by karate View Post

Start over tomorrow .
karate up on that as you start over tomorrow

MB
Old 01-14-2014, 08:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Get back on the horse...or wagon or whatever analogy fits. Keep posting man, I always enjoy your posts
Old 01-14-2014, 09:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Come on Karate, you're not gonna let a guy who trains Muay-Thai beat you at sobriety are you! Haha, just ribbing you buddy. Seriously though, glad you stopped at 2 beers. I know you're strong enough not to let this slow you down or derail you.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great that you came back right away. Glad you kept it to a minimum and under control. Its a new day soon...
Old 01-14-2014, 10:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It will be okay. It's just one beer, put it behind you and forge on!
Old 01-14-2014, 11:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Start over tomorrow .

It sure beats drinking it every single day. If you could have just one a month, I'd consider that a victory.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

glad ya made it back. this could be a very valuable lesson for ya.

"Get tough , it's a challenge , meet the enemy on the battlefield and slice it's jugular vien , KILL the enemy" didn't work. you cant kill it.
"Don't say " I won't drink today " it's NEVER will the enemy win !" didn't work.
"turning my anger towords it" didn't work
"I'm going to grab it by the back of the head , and break its neck" didn't work
"...be angry at the stuff " didn't work
"Im doing what works for me" didn't work.

getting angry at ANYTHING didn't work for crap for me.
alcohol and alcoholism weren't( and aren't) the enemy. me,my thinkin, and what worked for me were. those 3 things are what caused all of my problems. they weren't gonna help me get sober.
it was a simple as getting some humility and admitting my way wasn't workin for crap. complete surrender, then taking the advise from people that had been in my shoes.
been workin for over 8 years for me so far.

sure hope ya get some humility and look into what has worked for others.
even chuck Norris had help fighting some of his battles.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Keep on trucking xxxx
Old 01-15-2014, 06:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Start over tomorrow .

Yeah, sorry to hear this Karate. It was inevitable nonetheless, imo, as discussed in your other threads, and will happen again as long as you fight against yourself with the mistaken idea your fighting against the enemy.

Its weird how much support you attract for having stopped at just 1 beer, as this only makes it more difficult to quit for good and always if your support fans are giving you a friendly pass and green light you for the next "slip"

Why am I talking like this?

Because you've set it up to be on one side of the addiction challenges presently in your lifestyle, and its not the winning side, imo. I used to talk tough on my drinking similar to you. Being so young, 12 when I started, of course people told me to stop drinking. Goes without saying. And I talked back then, just a kid really, like you talk now as an adult about your quitting. Yeah, I'm saying you talk like a tough kid who doesn't know much about quitting really when push comes to shove.

I'm also saying your getting good shares from good people about quitting, and yet thread after thread I don't see any real discussions with you fully engaged. It pretty well ends up as a dead thread going south for no good reason. Just like I didn't really listen I don't see you listening. Sure I heard them yak, but I didn't listen.

Eventually of course all my ******** caught up with me right quick really, because by 21 or so I was holed up in a mental hospital and not allowed to leave the floor. It wasn't pretty. I spent three nights, and my buddies picked me up and within the hour I was stoned and drunk again. Blacked out drunk. What a circus. Dumbass me same old same old.

Took me some more wasted years to finally quit for my last time age 24. Now I'm 56. If I was you, and you were telling me, I'd now listen because the kid in me is talking to the kid in you. Understand?

I hope you have a better day, Karate.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I let myself get too hungry , I have a light case of low blood sugar .

Had almost got the shakes yesterday , beer stops it quick .

I suspect a sweet drink would have as well .

All good today .
Old 01-15-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I can see why you are disappointed , but can see why a person would say well done, inca also see why a person would berate you... Day 3 for me again after a horrendous fall on Saturday into Sunday morning ....
Old 01-15-2014, 08:33 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

All good today .
Or the peanut butter cups you love. Or gatorade.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

All good today .
Yup.

You sure don't understand.

Whata ya goin' do, eh? It is what it is until it isn't, yeah?

Old 01-15-2014, 08:36 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

All good today .
Karate - I mean this is the best intended way: If you go back and you look at your previous posts you are defensive and have an excuse each time. When you took the shot of Crown over Christmas and told people you were still sober, when you drank for your Aunt's funeral, with this slip. Also the intervals are getting shorter between your slips. You are falling back into the grips of this disease and the only two people who seem to see it and were big enough to post seem to be Dee, Tomsteve and Robby and your reaction is to dismiss - classic alcoholic.

Its not your family at Christmas, the death of your Aunt, or your low blood sugar - the issue is you Karate. You are not adequately dealing with your problem if you want to stay sober. This is not a good job mate for only having one - you are heading back to drinking again and a full blown relapse - everything you need to know to see this is in your post history - check it out for yourself.

Sincerely, I only hope you change things and I am wrong.

Godo luck.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:58 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Yeah, we're all in this together here on SR, no matter if were sober or drinking, and sometimes the lines get a little blurred, and I'm not surprised. Until a drinker has enough time not drinking to experience a positive difference in their personal lives, they are going to struggle without mercy on themselves since they can't appreciate first-hand what all the fuss is about in quitting.

It just becomes easier to "try" to quit as an ongoing strategy for those without positive enough experiences, and so failure isn't failure because moderation becomes the short goal. Long term sobriety then just becomes something not really attainable to those with such an outlook. We can't experience what we don't have for ourselves.

Its like trying to get a loan at the bank - you can't get a good and reasonable loan unless you can prove you don't really need the loan. So what you'll get instead is a loan with bad interest rates and an extended payment plan for the bank to reap those profits.

Staying quit is the same horrendous thing when moderation is allowed to be an option, and moderation in this sense is taking breaks between drinks by using life's misfortunes as the justification to have another drink. When this happens, staying quit just isn't enough of a positive experience, and the results speak for themselves.

Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:25 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hey Karate!

Hope you see the tough love on your thread. Please don't let your ego twist this the wrong way. They took the time to write, that means they care about you and want to help. So do I.

I remember specifically asking Dee when I came back a couple months ago to not be gentle on me. I know myself, a good kick in the ... does wonders for me sometimes.