Notices

Talked to my doctor.

Old 01-09-2014, 07:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talked to my doctor.

As I shared earlier this week, I finally went to my doc and she took a bunch of blood on Monday. I just talked to her and my numbers are actually sort of decent. The source of my intense back pain was revealed, though. She said I have a very bad kidney infection. Anyone ever had one? I mean, I can tolerate A LOT but this is the second most painful thing I think I've ever dealt with. WOW. She put me on a strong antibiotic which will hopefully work. If not, its to the hospital for the same drug via IV. I'm hoping to avoid that.

I guess I'm shocked that my numbers are not too bad. I need to get this infection under control and go from there. Day 4 sober. In pain but focused. I need to stay focused.

CD
Old 01-09-2014, 07:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
zjw

good news on the blood work. i was surprised myself that i wasnt worse for the wear when the doc ran my blood. its amazing how well our bodies can heal themselves and recover its amazing they tolerate the abuse we put them through so well. I wonder what caused the kidney problem to begin with.

Just hang in there it only gets better and without booze running through your system you give your body an even better chance at recovery.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I currently have a kidney infection too! Mine was found after initially believing it was a far worse condition. 4 days is great and it only gets better and better and better!
I hope you are feeling some relieve soon.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So is your experience with kidney infection REALLY painful as well? This is crazy! And I keep thinking how much worse it would be if I were drinking. What a ridiculous disease.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have been fortunate to have never had a kidney infection but I do believe that they are very, very painful so my sympathies are with you. However, the antibiotics will make a big difference within the next day or so so you should feel a good bit better tomorrow morning. Can you take any painkillers on top of the antibiotics?

I am glad your other blood results were favourable - keep on keeping sober and they will soon be brilliant!!

Get well soon
Old 01-09-2014, 07:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Yeah. I've read it is one of the most painful things you can experience. Get well soon x
Old 01-09-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Greg

Never a kidney infection, but being constantly dehydrated from drinking directly led to several kidney stones. If that feels anywhere similar, you have my deepest sympathies. It's great that your numbers werent horrible though! I know I have always feared the same thing.