Notices

Frustration and Thoughts of Drinking

Old 01-08-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Frustration and Thoughts of Drinking

Does anyone else want to drink when then get frustrated. I am currently trying so see a Dr. regarding this acid reflex I have. Probably caused from insane levels of past drinking. The clinic has canceled my appointment twice now. I have insurance now and may have to transfer to a different network. I want to drink but I really want to go to the clinic tomorrow and yell at the director. Without money and resources I find it hard to get quality help. If I drank a bottle tonight I could lie and not tell anyone. That is what I'm thinking. Thanks for listening to my rambling.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Getting frustrated is tough. I still get a small impulse when I get angry but it is easier to shut off the farther you go. Hang in there and don't drink, it does get better.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am tired of being treated like garbage because I go to this low income type clinic. It's almost as if they are forcing me to pick up. I did not become sober to be a doormat to people.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Drinking is the major cause of my heartburn .

It might get better ,with no alcohol .

Lots of good over the counter heartburn meds too .
Old 01-08-2014, 07:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's almost as if they are forcing me to pick up. I did not become sober to be a doormat to people.
or...they might just be struggling with the amount of people on low incomes who need medical care?

I get your frustration, and I'm not saying it's right to keep changing your appointment, but sometimes it's not people doing things to us, and it's not always about us...

I hope you find a better run alternative.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dee, I guess I'm just blowing off steam. I don't want to get back on the drinking cycle.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I do get it turning - I have the same frustration in my country.

I've found a practice that is pretty good tho - they're not usually on time, but I've never had a cancelled appointment.

Keep looking
Old 01-08-2014, 09:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I know how you feel. I always want to drink when I feel frustrated. I also know what it is like going to a low income clinic. Sometimes it seems hopeless. I wait for hours to be seen and I get annoyed too. Hang in there. Remember that drinking will just make your acid reflux worse. I also have acid reflux BAD! Drinking makes it even worse!
Old 01-08-2014, 09:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

alittle applecider vinegar with bit of honey to take the edge off usually knocks heartburn/acid reflux right out for me.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Turninganewleaf View Post
Does anyone else want to drink when then get frustrated.
Hi Turning!

I think your opening sentence in this post reveals a lot about the way we think in addiction. It's an opportunity to see how we use a drug (alcohol) to bridge the gap between how we want things to be, and things actually are. The reality is that your body is reacting to the amount of alcohol put into it and now you need immediate healthcare. No doubt the experience you describe in trying to get treatment is frustrating, but that's just the way it is. People without our problem have to put up with the same thing, and they too get frustrated. However as an alcoholic your addiction is telling you "if I can't get what I want I can at least get drunk and feel good for a while" - but guess what? Even after drinking you still have a medical problem and the doctor isn't going to do things any faster because you got drunk. All that happens is you get to deal with more regret, more hangovers and more stomach problems! Alcohol only makes us sicker - it NEVER helps. In all honest concern and care for you I hope you can see how you're thinking is skewed on this one. No one can "make" you drink by their actions - own your decisions and the repercussions from them. Stay sober today and seek the advice of other sober alcoholics, either here, in AA or with a counselor. I hope that helps...