Notices

Drinking during class in High School - Did you?

Old 11-16-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wildog007 View Post
Nah I could get dope much easier than alcohol back then.
I was the same way. I smoked a lot of weed during HS and went to class high, not drunk.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:40 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MaxxPower View Post
Curious question, did you start out heavy drinking this early in life?

Was thinking today how I never even considered drinking during classes in High School. Not even a sip - nothing.

I always thought negatively of the people that drank at school. Pretty much thought they were a bunch of losers - even the people that didn't wait till the weekend.

With how my drinking turned out, i'm extremely surprised that I didn't. Actually, it doesn't make any sense at all.

Obviously, Post high school is when I got thirsty for some reason. Which took some time, but almost killed me. Or possibly still can...were all vulnerable.

Except for SR members like Boleo...I don't think I could ever have a spiritual awakening. Wish I could.

You?
Didn't everyone?

Not only did I drink, I smoked a lot of pot, tripped to many times to count, and shot up meth. Got led out in handcuffs a few time too. They kicked me out for good half way through my second try in 10 th grade.

I got sober shortly after that, got my GED, and went on to graduate college, sober. Haven't been arrested since I quit drinking either.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:27 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Not during class, but you could definitely find me in the stands at the basketball game that night drunkenly shouting profanities at the ref
Old 11-18-2013, 10:24 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

For a litle while yes. I would have a few sips of Zambooka or peachsnap before school.
No wonder why I barelly passed high school. LOL!

After high school, it was downhill from there, gradually, but surelly
Old 11-18-2013, 11:42 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I was very proud of myself for making it every day of my senior year drunk,high, or both.

that was pretty sick.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:06 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MaxxPower View Post
buddink...do you know how that guy turned out in life?..or girl I guess...

sorry for laughing..cause most likely the person isn't doing too good..
Actually he was the more entrepreneurial type, I think he sold more than drank. Last I saw him at our 10 year reunion (23 years ago) He was doing well.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:29 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Well I certainly drank during my high school years. I actually started drinking at parties in junior high. And continued to drink at parties in high school. Also before football or basketball games, before high school dances, and after marching in parades during marching band (especially during our one overnight trip a year.) Oh, and while camping.

But didn't actually show up or drink during school hours. I remember as an underclassman two senior girls who stupidly came back to the high school drunk in the afternoon after they had finished their last final exam in the morning. They got caught and didn't get to graduate with their class on stage. Heard tell that their parents were so angry they had to give all their graduation gifts back. No way was I going to have that happen to me! Of course, I was completely overlooking the fact that I could have been suspended for being drunk at football games and dances.

My "good girl" reputation probably helped. No way would a teacher ever think that I was drunk at a school function! Trying to live down that good girl/nerd reputation and fit in with the "cool" kids set me on my drinking path.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:48 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I started after I graduated HS, I was 18.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Never drank before or at school, but as NorCaliGirl said, I was always drinking before/during football games, basketball games, and dances. I actually quit the football team my senior year because the tailgating sounded more appealing to me. I thought I was pretty special because I got really good grades but I was also one of the biggest partiers, ha!
Old 11-19-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I most defiantly drank in high school. That was the thing to do even. Meeting up with a bunch of friends in the morning and getting drunk and then going to school. It happened more than you would think.
Looking back now, I should've know I was setting myself up for disaster later in life.

"woulda shoulda coulda"
Old 11-19-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I didn't drink in HS but I drank in class in college
Old 11-19-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I never drank during high school, and I occasionally drank during college (house parties, mixers, the bar once I was "legal").
Old 11-19-2013, 07:44 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberForMySon View Post
I didn't drink in HS but I drank in class in college
Yeah I did a lot of drinking in my classes during a year of college. I drank during HS, but not during school hours. I just smoked weed during school hours.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:28 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Never drank AT school, but we used to cut class a lot and go down the block to a neighborhood pizza joint that served us pitchers of beer, then go back drunk.

Christ! Do kids still do sh!t like that?

Zube
Old 11-20-2013, 01:52 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I both smoked weed at school - in the bleachers out by the football field and occasionally in the bathroom - and carried a bottle of "root beer" with a random mix of hard alcohols and soda.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:02 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

For medical reasons I missed out on my entire grade 8 year, took home schooling, drank at home and I was already a drinker into grade 9. Drank in class, in the halls, in the yard. Wherever. Left HS start of my third year. Later drank thru college two diploma programs (drafting and business)dropped out of both. Years later being sober, I returned to college getting A's and B's my first year. Unfortunately, had to drop out of my 3yr computer technologist diploma because of ongoing medical reasons. But I wasn't drunk at least, lol.

In my drinking years, no one, including my teachers and profs, no one was surprised I was a drinker. I looked every inch the drinker that I was. Not my best years, back when, lol. I do better now hahaha

Old 11-20-2013, 11:22 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Smoked pot on the way to school every day, peaked on mescaline in 3rd period biology once (not recommended), but never drank during school hours.

I saved that behavior for adulthood.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Started drinking in high school. We could usually get someone taller, older looking to buy beer. Sometimes, in the beginning, I'd pour off a little from every open bottle in my parents liquor cabinet. Vile concoction. Wouldn't drink during the week days or at school, but would sneak in the evenings and on weekends. If we went on a weekend camping trip, kids only, part of the time was spent drunk and the rest of the time sick and hungover. Lovely.

Friends would have weed, but I tried it and hated it. Tried it a bit in college too, and hated everything about it. Booze was my friend. BTW, does anyone else react to weed like that?

Continued to drink through college and after graduating and working. World never drink during the day, but would hit it hard at night, and pay the price the next day, only to start again as the sun got low. So the pattern continued for about 40 years. Starting drinking more and more as my wife was undergoing cancer treatment for a year with sons in the house, aged 10 and 7. She's now a 10-year survivor.

Quit for about two years in 2009 as the binging was getting out of control. Picked it up again in about 2011 as I was watching my dad die of cancer and found out that my older son was gay. I love him to pieces, but had to get past the fact that most likely grandchildren are not in the picture. To this day I consider him to be my best friend in the world.

Now struggling between quitting drinking altogether and trying to moderate. Yesterday I decided that moderation wasn't working, and I poured out two bottles of wine into the dirt.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:19 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I didn't drink DURING class, just In between.

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 11-20-2013, 01:19 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Smoked before school, but never drank. I remember smoking before school once and arriving to class late only to have my teacher give me instructions about a project the class was currently working on. I was so paranoid that I couldn't even process the instructions she was giving me. The teacher became quickly frustrated. That was really stupid of me.