Notices

The unbreakable cycle can be broken!

Old 10-24-2013, 10:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The unbreakable cycle can be broken!

Momentum of addiction:

The word momentum is really fitting when I think of it in terms of my alcohol addiction. Over the years that momentum picked up and the addiction became a vicious cycle that was very difficult to break. I couldn't even think of living without drinking. It was a case of drinking which brought on feelings of depressions; remorsefulness guilt; shame & lack of confidence. Problems piled up and my mind wasn't clear enough to deal with them in a proper manner. So I would drink it all away; then wake up and do it all over again. Around and around we go...

Now, I see the same word momentum and have applied it to my recovery. I keep delving into recovery deeper and deeper. Things like reading, going to meetings, connecting with sober people, serving, and basically living a life that is free from alcohol. On the difficult days I recognize that it's okay to have a ****** day and leave it at. Tomorrow is usually a better day. My problem today is usually gone tomorrow. I don't need to drink about these things anymore. This is life and life is going to happen. It's how I perceive it and react to it that makes the biggest difference.

Life really does get better but it takes time (& work)
Old 10-25-2013, 12:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Im trying to break it now. I have been trying for many times and so far unsuccessful. Been over 3 days without drink and feeling so horrible with my anxiety and chestpains and other stuff, I can hardly manage. However I want to succeed I want one last chance to make it right this time.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

sup3r1or, take it one day at a time. Just don't drink today, tomorrow you can do whatever you want, just not today. You will get there.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great post!

The massive amount of energy we applied to being drunks can be turned to living a better life. It does take time but the effect is incredible, and it keeps building.
Mark the target and fire for effect!