Notices

Had enough

Old 10-24-2013, 03:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Had enough

i,

After being successful and clean for 2 months, I had failed again and again around 3-4 times. each time suffered anxiety, panic attacks, cold sweats. It seems each time I drink it takes me less and less drinking time to return to this condition. Now it only took me 2 days of heavy drinking.

I have always drank beer here in Thailand, hangovers were always brutal. I have been to the hospital here but doctors seemed like meh, I still walk I still function I seem alright. I hold it during the day but night time sh...ts starts for real. Feeling cold/hot my chest feels tight, hands getting numb. It feels like Iam not sleeping but just lying down and floating around between sleep/awake condition. Usually I dont sleep one night, next night I might get sleep, then next one no sleep again, then sleep a bit next one, for about a week.

I'm on a librax at the moment been on it for only 1 day, today woke up alright felt great. Decided not to take morning med, during day went to bed next to my daughter. Felt great until sleep came, I had full head of total nonsense like my brain was not controllable. My chest got so tight felt like an elephant was sitting on it, hands got numb. I had a bad dream in 10 mins like I died in a dream and my baby couldn't woke me up. I opened my eyes and felt so miserable I cried. EVERYTHING GOES AWAY SLOWLY AFTER I WAKE UP and get up and start doing something. A bit might stay but not much.

Usually I go through this without meds or hospital suffer through it for about a week then it eases off and goes away. I feel like a lot of this happens because of my stomach its very weak, feels like cramps and discomfort most of the time. These are not DTs right?

This time I decided to use librax to see if it will help, which well it does make me feel better but I dont want to go too long on that. In general Iam prone to anxiety or panic attacks, without drinking I dont have then eventually after heavy drinking they come back.

What worries me is that they get progressively worse not day by day but after each episode of heavy drinking that leads to this.

I'am tired of failing myself and everyone around me, nobody believes me already that I can quit. I want to and I will I just need one last chance.

What am I going through right now is normal? I dont hallucinate or feel any seizures or anything. All that mostly happens when I sleep, but when I get up iam okay.

P.S Iam a 28 year old male. It has been Mon 21st since my last drink.

Thank you for your replies and support
Old 10-24-2013, 03:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dude, you need to stop drinking. Booze totally screws with the sleep cycles.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Johnston makes a great point.

I had decades of sleeping problems, anxiety problems, digestive issues, aches pains and various other vague illnesses - they all cleared up completely, or else greatly improved, once I stopped drinking.

I think you'd see a marked improvement in a few weeks, I really do.

It's not a fun ride, but then neither is what you're going through now, right?
Always good to see a Dr too, if possible.

D
Old 10-24-2013, 05:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome to the possibility of calmness in your life IF you can stop drinking

"What worries me is that they get progressively worse not day by day but after each episode of heavy drinking that leads to this."

I have no degree in recovery except a lot of sober years and I would suggest to anyone that if alcohol is a problem in our lives, stop drinking and life WILL get better beyond our alcoholic dazed dreams. This can begin when we stop and get honest about our own drinking. BE WELL
Old 10-24-2013, 08:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks I just hope it is not too late. These night trips make me feel like each night might be the last. Which Iam really scare of considering that I have a wife that I love immensely (though I did hurt her a lot and our relationship because of my drinking) and of course my little girl that I want to see grow up.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Johnston View Post
Dude, you need to stop drinking. Booze totally screws with the sleep cycles.
I hear this.

I haven't had a full decent night's sleep in 25 years. Now that I am 88 days sober it's getting alittle better.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Keep it up and don;t worry about it. I can;t count the times I fell off the wagon
Old 10-24-2013, 10:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you. In bed trying to sleep with no lucks so far. Muscles twitching a bit in legs. Chest pain quite a bit and anxiety
Old 10-24-2013, 10:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
AA member

Please seek medical advice.

Withdrawing from Alcohol is dangerous,if you had your last drink Monday you could still develop DT's.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I have only drank for 2 days. With librax atm I can actually sleep I only take 1 before bed.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Though taking one at night and none next morning or day make me feel really bad. Anxiety comes in huge waves.
Does anyone knows if xanax for short term night only will be better.

I have never been on benzos before so a bit worried.