Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

"I can't drink _______, it really messes me up!!"

Notices

"I can't drink _______, it really messes me up!!"

Old 10-10-2013, 06:18 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

So you are saying a fat person ,would have to abstain from desert foods for ever ?

I like Dr Pepper too ,But im not going to drink 2 liters a day .

I like driving 100 Mph on the road ,but Im not going to because its illegal .

There must be a part of this im not understanding ,Because I have 2 friends that once the seal is broken ,They are going to get drunk ,Drink all the alcohol ,and get more ,Then be in jail .

I am trying to determine my own problem here ,And understand it .

If that is a problem ,If Dee PM "s me I wont post again .

I AM NOT TRYING TO CAUSE AND DISRUPTION TO THE RECOVERY HERE .
Old 10-10-2013, 06:48 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I also agree with Dee74, alcohol is self destruction thing but if someone want to drinks then no think such things, they only drink and forget everything
Old 10-10-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Karate, I am not sure there is such a thing as "used to be an alcoholic". You never get over being an alcoholic or a drug addict. You are just in remission. It's a brain chemistry thing. You can't compare beer with Dr. Pepper or Vicodin with Advil. It's like apples and oranges. Again a brain chemistry thing. It's perfectly all right with me if you want to explore here. I'm always up for a friendly debate!
Old 10-10-2013, 01:47 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
No half measures

Period!!!!!
Old 10-10-2013, 01:57 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
jkb

Vodka- makes me cry or mean.

Wine- Bad hangover.

Anything else with alcohol well... you know, wake up in vomit after drinking till blackout.

So I guess all alcohol is off limits.

Oh yeah and mouthwash made me sick to my stomach.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:33 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Karate --

I wish you the best on finding your own path. Nobody can tell you what that is or what it will be. Post away, as this site is there for you, me, and all the other folks trying to claw our way through this carnival we call life. I know I can't drink "responsibly", but I can only speak for myself.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

alcohol is alcohol...no question..
Old 10-14-2013, 12:06 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by karate View Post
Actually my youngest boy and myself are doing an imformal study on ourselves .

We have both got in trouble drinking ,but don't now ,We think we have cracked the case ,so to speak .

We don't claim to be the smartest fellows that ever lived ,But youngest boy is in honors classes ,I was as well ,And just passed an exam that 10% of the people that begin the process are able to pass .

So to qualify our findings we are of at least average IQ ,and have alcoholic genes .
Congratulations for being in the top 10%.......eh bet there were no questions like "what makes one an alcoholic". That would be your weak spot.

If you can drink a couple of "Light" beers and stop- then you are not an alcoholic. Of course if you are saying that 2 lite beers do not get you drunk--well "proof" comes into play with how quickly one gets drunk. That is why there is Hard Liquor . I dare say in my hay day I could drink a couple of light beers and not get drunk....but what fun was that so I just went back for as much beer as it took for me to get drunk. It is the alcohol "content" in a drink that determines how many you can have before YOU get drunk. Someone else might be different.

I think that is what your friends mean when they say certain liquors scare them. The drunk is what we look for and if it takes 250 beers as opposed to 6 shots of 70 proof liquor to get that "drunk" that is where we will head. Just because it takes more beer to get drunk does not make beer any safer than any other drink.

I don't know anymore ---is this making sense or have I just signed myself up for your "study".

Best to you,
TrixMixer
Old 10-14-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Whiskey. I've always blacked out on whiskey.
Beer has always lead me to whiskey or wine or whatever was around... so it all pretty much screws me up.