Notices

Trying to come back

Old 10-04-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying to come back

Hi everyone,

I was on this site and was sober for months. The original friends I had made seem to have disappeared. I feel really shamed to have failed. I don't know what to say. But I know I have death waiting if I don't address this. Hope I can make new friends, I have not been trough the withdrawals yet. I know the drill, no doctor recommendations on this site. Etc.

Anyway, I feel out of place, like a failure.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

No medical recommendations, but you might want to seek a consult with your own doctor.

Perhaps trying a different method this time is worth considering.

Welcome back, and all the best to you.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Are you kidding me Patman. I'm here. Been here a few months. Not sober but have a plan. Welcome back. I don't know you but all the sudden so glad to meet you!! Doctors? Well I would at least find out if you are healthy enough for a home detox. I went to the doctor, I wasn't well enough to detox alone. Then I fell off the boat and am now drowning. But again, I have a plan. Good to see you.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back. Hang in there.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thepatman

Draw off the energy from your Ali quote for sure.

Like you I have had my relapses.

Just never give up...alcoholism/addiction is treatable.

We do recover and get well.

I wish you the best.

Pulling for you!
Old 10-04-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I remember you!
Welcome back.
You will be OK.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back thepatman

Shame can be debilitating - I think it's kinda of pointless to be stuck on past events we can't change anyway.

Today's the thing - do you have a plan? any ideas on how to get and stay sober now?

D
Old 10-04-2013, 04:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thepatman View Post

Welcome back! I doubt there are many people here who haven't been exactly where you are! So glad you are here again!
Old 10-04-2013, 04:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you all ;-)

You bring me strength. More then you can imagine. I did this before, I know the pain, the nightmares, the hot cold sweats. I will cut down to avoid the full blown detox.

Anyway, I am going for it.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad to see you back at it, most of us here have been there so don't sweat it. Just dust yourself off and start again, no biggie.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I was on this site and was sober for months. The original friends I had made seem to have disappeared. I feel really shamed to have failed. I don't know what to say. But I know I have death waiting if I don't address this. Hope I can make new friends, I have not been trough the withdrawals yet. I know the drill, no doctor recommendations on this site. Etc. Anyway, I feel out of place, like a failure.
Hey Patman, glad you are back on. I can totally relate. I've spent the last 10 months trying to make sobriety stick - well at least on and off during the past 10 months. I recently had 70+ days and blew it, binged, and am now still recovering! just starting day 3. I can't sleep much at all without sleeping pills. Feel like a bag of crap! Anyways, you are not alone here. Lots so support to be gained and shared as you probably already now. Keep up the good fight!
Old 10-04-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think seeing a Dr is a better alternative than trying to taper TP - it's certainly a safer one.

D
Old 10-04-2013, 05:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Your not alone. We have all tried and failed. That's why we are here, supporting each other and getting help at the same time. Welcome back homie.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

patman, i remember you.
take what's here today,, go with that.
the recommendation of seeing a doc sounds good, even if you don't want to

and Raider: seeing your smiling face and hearing you say twice that you have a plan while you're drowning...what's stopping you from putting the plan into action instead of drowning?
Old 10-05-2013, 12:31 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Its happen with many alcoholic, these kind of friends comes only for alcohol and when you trying to be sober they leave silently. Do not worry, remember one think true friend never leave, whatever you was or are.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:41 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

I was on this site and was sober for months. The original friends I had made seem to have disappeared. I feel really shamed to have failed. I don't know what to say. But I know I have death waiting if I don't address this. Hope I can make new friends, I have not been trough the withdrawals yet. I know the drill, no doctor recommendations on this site. Etc.

Patman, I remember you! It's really good to see you back. I've been here a year, and a couple days ago I was rooting around in some old posts; then I clicked on some of the people to see if they were still around. It was really depressing to see how many have left SR. Some maybe stayed sober and just moved past needing the forums. Likely a lot of them gave up on sobriety and went back to their drinking lives.

You probably hear people saying this but it's so true- you don't fail when you fall, only when you don't get up again. Hey, you had some good time built up. You had to have learned some things that will serve you well when you get back up on that horse. What happened? Did you get cocky and think you could moderate? Next time you'll know better! Did you 'forget' how bad it felt to always be hungover or drunk? Now you know, and you won't soon forget the feeling.

There's no shame in having tripped up. Sometimes it better to try something difficult and fall short of the mark than to meekly wander through life never trying. If you never fail then you're probably not trying anything worth doing.

I hope you stick around give it another shot. You've had a taste of sobriety, and nothing less is gonna satisfy you now!
Old 10-05-2013, 03:17 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi Patman

I remember you?
Do you remember me?
I wondered where you had gone, I missed you.

You are back, thats all that matters.

I wish you the best xxxx
Old 10-05-2013, 03:58 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
BSober1

HI Patman, I am new here, but would love to be a new friend...Death for me would take a while, but definitely would be a result if I keep drinking... So, sober now for a few days and feeling awesome today! I am living in the moment now a days and this moment rocks! Nice to meet you and see you soon!!!
Old 10-05-2013, 12:29 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

No shame. Sounds like you've made a new good decision. Now don't look back. Keep goin'!
Old 10-05-2013, 01:03 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi patman, I remember you. I joined back in 2012 also and, unfortunately, have relapsed a few times. I'm sober now 129 days. I figure as long as we really want sobriety and keep getting back up when we fall, we are not failures.

The detox and withdrawals will be tough; they were brutal for me but after they're over, you never have to feel like that again. You've done it before, now suck it up and do it again. I'm here for you if you need someone who gets it.