Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Slippery slope is getting too fast (Dear wife, you told me so)

Notices

Old 09-28-2013, 10:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My letter to you, my wife, on September 29th 2013… Prior to this day I have thought a lot about my drinking and how it had progressed in a bad way since I started back a few months ago, after 2-1/2 years of sobriety, I wish I had recorded the date… in that new beginning I thought it was the blessing I was looking for after the hell I was going through with work related issues, people, things etc… even lack of sex on my part of initiation.
I was right, it was the thing that was missing, and drinking made everything OK, all was perfect, for a few weeks it seemed…

It didn’t change me all that much, or did it? I’m still me, but if I am honest I like the non-alcohol me better than the alcohol me, I hate thinking about it all the time, it’s like I am obsessed about it.

It seems the alcoholic brain takes over when it thinks I need a drink, no matter what the conversation I had with it this morning was, but after I get plowed I can finally scream ‘Help!’ “HELP!”

I swear I will quit tomorrow, tomorrow I will do better, and tomorrow will be different, ok, just one more time, please understand, I will quit tomorrow, please, understand about tonight, I will quit tomorrow, I will quit tomorrow! Get off my back!!!

Even though I am still sliding…

Thank you for supporting me though my trials and errors, and caring enough to get my attention,
Old 09-30-2013, 11:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
oak

I can relate. thanks for posting.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

just one more.....
I will also quit tomorrow
I will only drink 3 times this week
I will drink less tonight
Im starting my new medication tomorrow
im going to see the doctor tomorrow
I need to wean down, I cant just stop
I could write 100 other things about not stopping today.... until I stopped.

Im hearing ya