Notices

Day 2 Sober - feel aweful.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 Sober - feel aweful.

I'm at work and feel aweful. I feel shaky, weak, exhausted, and just down right unhealthy. My dog is having surgery today and I can't wait until the work day is over so I can pick him up and just go home and relax with him.

So many things going on in my life, and none of it is good at the moment, but I refuse to drink. I am going to feel this pain and cope like god intended me to do.

I got on the scale today for the first time in 3 months, and I have dropped 16 pounds - Most of it muscle. I've always been in shape, love to work out, as much as possible because the drinking always got in the way of me doing it 100%, But my drinking caused me to get in an accident 3 months ago and I have a bum shoulder and still can't lift.

I am going to pick up the pieces one day at a time, and I will put my life in order and get healthy again. I will find a new person within myself that I've always wanted, and I look forward to getting today over with so I can move to DAY 3!

Thank you for listening.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Are you going cold turkey or did you detox?
Old 09-17-2013, 11:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm going cold turkey - it's the only way for me. I was able to eat a bit of oatmeal for breakfest, and I have some chicken for lunch that I will force down. I know that every day I'll start to feel better but right now I NEED SOME ASPERIN!
Old 09-17-2013, 11:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Other than my head hurting I am having lower back aches. Is that normal?
Old 09-17-2013, 11:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Saved by Grace

Im on day seven and it just keeps getting easier. Really. Keep focused. Do something different. Think something different. Pick up and read the Bible. Jesus will help.

Dono
Old 09-17-2013, 11:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh you poor thing. Day two spent at work has to be as close to Hell as one can come. Are you going through withdrawals? Perhaps you should go home, if possible, or better, see a doctor. There is medication that can make you more comfortable. Withdrawal is not to be taken lightly (alcohol withdrawal is possibly the most dangerous withdrawal, because it can actually kill you). Let us know how you are. Remember that every minute of this suffering takes you one minute closer to a better, healthier life. Stay strong.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by longbeachone View Post
Oh you poor thing. Day two spent at work has to be as close to Hell as one can come. Are you going through withdrawals? Perhaps you should go home, if possible, or better, see a doctor. There is medication that can make you more comfortable. Withdrawal is not to be taken lightly (alcohol withdrawal is possibly the most dangerous withdrawal, because it can actually kill you). Let us know how you are. Remember that every minute of this suffering takes you one minute closer to a better, healthier life. Stay strong.
Yeah this.

Main reason I went to detox for a week. They give you meds so you don't withdrawal and you can get clean. I don't think any true alcoholic should go cold turkey, even if you think you can.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hypocritical View Post
Im on day seven and it just keeps getting easier. Really. Keep focused. Do something different. Think something different. Pick up and read the Bible. Jesus will help.

Dono
I agree with this 100%. Alcohol is a demon substance and you need to get rid of them. Jesus will help.