Notices

Check in

Old 08-25-2013, 08:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Check in

Hello, everyone. Just thought I'd check in and let you all know that I'm doing well. I've basically been working, coming home, then crawling into bed and reading books, SR, and watching tv. Yesterday I started to get some energy back and didn't sit around all day.

I told my best friend that I wasn't drinking anymore and we talked about it yesterday. She's more than supportive and told me that it was getting to the point when I was "sober" that I seemed very depressed and without any zest for life. I was just sluggish, quiet, withdrawn, and not a pleasant person to be around.

She's told me many times that she doesn't like to be around me when I'm drunk. It bothers me that she was starting to not want to be around me when I hadn't had anything to drink that day either.

When I say 'sober', I mean that lightly, and should say hungover from a binge the night before.

School starts this week and I'm glad about that. I have a handful of classes to repeat for my BSN, and it will give me a reason to become more productive and probably serve as a distraction.

My AV hasn't bothered me as much the last few days, though I'm still very green in my path to sobriety. My plan is to keep the importance of my sobriety and health in the forefront of my mind and to avoid becoming too relaxed and let my guard down like I did last time.

This time I feel like I have more confidence and strength to follow through and stay sober. I know you all have heard this song and dance before, but I mean it.

Last time, the "pink cloud" effect was ridiculous and gave me a false sense of recovery. After that, and PAWS set in, I wasn't prepared to work through it. This time, I'm going about things much differently.

Today I'm going to buy a journal and the plan is to write in it every day, totally dedicated to my recovery. I could start an online journal but since handwriting is a slower process, I feel that it will help me put my thoughts into a more collective perspective.

I hope everyone has a good day. Will talk to you soon. Got a new computer yesterday, so I'll be able to post more. It wasn't as easy navigating on SR with my tablet. -hugs
Old 08-25-2013, 08:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
OX

Sounds good BG. Keep the attitude, keep moving forward, keep sober
Old 08-25-2013, 10:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

All the best blackoutgirl. Good to see you back. Stay well.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Originally Posted by blackoutgirl View Post
Last time, the "pink cloud" effect was ridiculous and gave me a false sense of recovery. After that, and PAWS set in, I wasn't prepared to work through it. This time, I'm going about things much differently.

Good to hear you are doing well.

In my experience the "pink cloud" was a taste of what real recovery is like.

Bearing in mind that it's all relative,(compared to the state I was in, even being safe in the nut farm was a relative pink cloud for a while, at least until the internal condition started to come back), my life is one long pink cloud these days. I prefer to think of a pink cloud as God's grace, but whatever it is, I've been living in it for more than 30 years an it's great
Old 08-26-2013, 05:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi BG. In many cases I’ve been involved in, getting and staying sober is part one. Living and enjoying life on lifes terms is part 2. I needed to work on the reasons I drank and that’s not because I liked to. For most of us it’s our feelings that we tried to escape from and now they need attention to avoid repeating the same old same old.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Are you part of any support group? We can't do it alone, and only get to keep it by giving it away...

Your energy levels and moods will improve, perhaps talking to your doctor might help as well.... It did for me...