Notices

Pinky swear...

Old 08-21-2013, 10:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pinky swear...

I haven't told my BF that I haven't drank in almost 5 days. He very busy, being a business owner and has came home late for three weeks straight..covered in dirt and grime

I know when he kisses me, when he gets home, he's smelling my lips and breath for alcohol. I haven't drank since Saturday. My reason for not telling him is the pressure that comes afterward.

He hasn't said a word. He's the first person that tells me I have an alcohol problem, but when I abstain, he tells me to "let loose" and moderate. Ugh!

One of the signs that I've drank too much is my pinky finger. Once it starts to sway from my hand and in an outward and non-natural motion is when he recognizes this trait and points it out to everyone. Everyone!

Though when I abstain and choose to drink tea while everyone is drinking, or smoking weed, I feel like a let down. My best friend started smoking weed recently. She was my saving grace, and so proud of me when I quit alcohol before.

Where do I go from here? My best friend loves weed now, and my boyfriend is a codie.

I chose not to draw attention to myself on purpose this time. -frustrated
Old 08-21-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Today is my day off, I've managed to get through irrational impulses, but have worried about the future. I don't want to be a B----, but it may come to that.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey B.O.G,

Been there. Very big congratulations on your accumulated clean time!
The healing process is going to begin with you, and what your wishes for the future are. Also, the future depends on how you view yourself. Do you admit that you have an issue with alcohol? If so, then you should begin to get help any way you can, if you truly want to be sober...and happy. Take care of yourself.
Admitting that you have an issue with alcohol is a solitary choice. If you truly believe that you want to stop because you want to better your life, consider checking out some of the different options for sober support. Sober Recovery has a page. It can be found in the Alcoholism Forums, at the very top of the main page.
I have been told many times by wife, sister, mother, grandmother, friends, acquaintances, that I can handle my booze, provided I just try. I know deep within that I am an alcoholic, and that abstaining from the drink is the only way to achieve my dreams in life.
Make the choice, and follow your inner voice. Get some support anyway you can. There's a better life out there waiting for you.
I wish you the best of luck.
You can do it!