Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Does anybody call bar's and club's after a night out? ?

Notices

Old 08-17-2013, 03:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I get terrible anxiety and paranoia after drinking and have to phone places I remember drinking the night before to see if I caused any problems even if I didnt get blackout drunk.
Does anybody get like this the first few days after a binge?? It's just my mind keeps saying what if all the time and I worry for days.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I never called anyone but I worried about it - usually asked a few mates.

I never have to worry about that now I'm sober Luke
D
Old 08-17-2013, 03:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've never called, but I have gone back to bars several times the next day to apologize to bartenders, servers, management for acting like a drunken fool the night before. Not a lot of fun.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I never called either but I'm really glad I don't have to worry about what I did while drinking because I'm enjoying the sober life now. No worries and regrets for me!
Old 08-17-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes Luke, I have.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I was too ashamed to call, but would feverishly dump out my purse the next morning searching for a receipt in hopes that I didn't walk out on an open tab. Had lots of friends pay for me because I wasn't able to do so for myself.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I never called, I did however go the day after and apologize for my actions and proceed to get drunk and do the same thing over again. Looking back they put up with it pretty well mainly due to the fact that I was a regular and the money they were pulling in each night as a result of my drinking.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Exactly, Lookingforher. I actually ended up making enemies with a few bartenders at a bar I used to frequent due to my drunken behavior. One in particular I actually cared about. Probably an amends I'd like to make one day.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ive called a bar telling them there are cops hiding looking to give dui when i was walking home. I don't think the bar cared
Old 08-17-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

nope, I showed up the next day to hear about what I did an do it again.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I never got to paranoid about my behavior in bars and pubs.

Looking at the text messages I'd sent, on the other hand...talk about trouble.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

For me it was the fights i got in ,or tried to get in .

I was the angry drunk ,and for most of my life pretty angry sober too .
Old 08-17-2013, 11:35 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Oh good Lord NO! Rather I would avoid them completely for a good long time, at least until enough time had passed that some other fool had acted up and caused enough trouble to take my place as the persona non grata customer du jour.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I never drank at bars and clubs, last thing I wanted was some strange obnoxious alcoholics trying to talk to me and interfering with my drinking.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:03 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Luke

I am UK too.
Welcome to our family!

I never rang bars or clubs, probably because I had never ever thought about doing that. If had thought to do so, I probably would have done.

However I did drive myself mad and other people too by quizzing them relentlessly about my actions and if I had upset, offended, insulted anyone.

I still go over and over in my head some of my worst drunks.
Some of these happened 6 years ago and I still cannot forgive myself.

I think my drinking also triggered early morning anxiety in that when I drank, I blacked out and I would wake up and think 'oh no, it happened again. What did I do?'
Now some mornings I still have to remind myself nothing happened because I did not drink.

You sound like your young Luke and you have your whole life ahead of you.

There are certain traits that are common to alcoholics and I think this is one of them. The guilt, the worrying after drinking.

Learn all you can about the dangerous side of drinking and alcohol. Come here read and post. Maybe go to an AA meeting and listening.

For me the following statement can explain my drinking perfectly.

'There are many, many times I have regretted drinking. I have never ever regretted not drinking'.

I really do wish you the best xxxx
Old 08-20-2013, 03:29 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Guilt of the way I behave when drunk is the reason I no longer go to bars/pubs that I have stopped going out and cut off all my friends I don't know it just seems easier to do that than to quit which is stupid because it wont solve anything just makes you lonely and want to drink more.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:39 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi Luke,
I too always worried about my behaviour after a night out. I've gotten in fights, walked out on a tab, and broken glasses before. If I owed money I would go in and pay the next day, apologize, and then I would take a break before going back again. The anxiety and guilt was always terrible and would keep me awake with worry for a few days until I had a few sober days strung together. It's the worst, feeling isn't it?
Old 08-20-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Back when I hung out in bars, I really didn't get drunk. No fights, no walking out on tabs...none of that. No, my drinking spiraled out of control at home, very quickly.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:08 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

When I used to drink in bars I'd avoid the places where I'd come across as a complete tool or where I'd been thrown out by Bouncers. Other places I'd have to visit the next day or day after to see if they had stuff I'd forgotten but could not remember where I'd left it. So I'd have to try to retrace my steps and actions like in the "Hangover".

I was a bar man in Cape Town for a summer season in the 90's and really found myself in an alcoholics paradise. Even though we were allowed to drink behind the bar I was coherent enough to watch the locals and tourists get completely legless and then after my shift was up I'd join them. We did not have a bouncer or security but did carry a .44 Magnum in the bar safe in case we were raided by local gangs. A few establishments had been robbed in broad daylight on the strip in Table View.

A lot of the white population carried firearms on their person for protection. One of my jobs was to put the weapons and car keys of some of the local punters in the safe. At the end of the night, I'd hand them back their weapons and holding onto the car keys for the night, get them a ride home. Too drunk to drive, good enough to carry a loaded weapon. That was the scene,

South Africa was one of those places in the day you could make a complete mess of yourself and no one seemed to really mind it was perfectly fine as a bar man to keep serving till the customer was unconscious and had to be carried out. The cops just ignored drunks and stone heads, no one apologized and everyone drove under the influence. I was drunk every day, I would confuse reality with fantasy and did not know if an event I remembered had actually occurred or was part of a drunken dream. The worst thing was, I don't think I once thought what I was doing was harmful or possibly insane. It was completely normal.
Mayhem.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:31 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Wow Johno1967, that sounds like a movie!