Notices

What if she thinks I am weird

Old 08-16-2013, 02:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What if she thinks I am weird

I know you have heard this a100 times from me. I finally wrote down my amends next two ones and my 4th step 3rd one. I'm going to share with sponsor on Sunday before we go to the jail to the AA meeting. I'm scared she will think I am a weirdo though still after knowing her so well and her never judging me at all.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Anoronha, your sponsor will be delighted you are working the program, nothing weird about that. Rootin for ya.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am completely confused.
you completed yer 2nd fifth step on 7/31.
on 8/12 you were on step 10.
now yer sayin this:
"I finally wrote down my amends next two ones and my 4th step 3rd one."

I really have no clue where you are in the program, but lookin back on some of yer threads for the past month, it looks like a scattered mess of footwork.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Until I took my 5th completely with my sponsor I thought I was the worst (wierdest) person ever to come to AA. There were things I did that were never discussed in an AA meeting (and should not have been) and keeping this stuff to myself just increased my sense of isolation and lonliness, and kept me feeling guilty and ashamed.

But courage is fear that has said its prayers! I found the courage to bare all and, much to my amazement, found I was not judged but rather that I was just a normal alcoholic. And the peace and serenity began to flow.

I take Tomsteve's point also. It is hard to keep up with what's really happening with you.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The best reason first: If we skip this vital step, we may not overcome drinking. Time after time newcomers have tried to keep to themselves certain facts about their lives. Trying to avoid this humbling experience, they have turned to easier methods. Almost invariably they got drunk. Having persevered with the rest of the program, they wondered why they fell. We think the reason is that they never completed their housecleaning. They took inventory all right, but hung on to some of the worst items in stock. They only thought they had lost their egoism and fear; they only thought they had humbled themselves. But they had not learned enough of humility, fearlessness and honesty, in the sense we find it necessary, until they told someone else all their life story.

We must be entirely honest with somebody if we expect to live long or happily in this world.

this is life or death business. yer gonna have to stop screwin around if you want to have a life filled with all of the promises of the big book.