Notices

30 days and very irritable

Old 08-12-2013, 02:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

30 days and very irritable

Hello
I have 30 days today (a miracle for those that know how long ive been here and how long ive tried to quit) . For the most part im happy. In 30 days ive come to love not blacking out, no hangovers, relationship is better, lost some weight. But for whatever reason the last couple days ive been really irratable, on edge or feeling blah. Its making me question if sobriety is worth it. Im normally an upbeat person, now -not so much. Im envious of those drinking. Im feeling pissy because I 'cant ' go drinking anymore (not true I know, its a choice)

Is this normal? Ive been on Campral for a month. See a therapist, and am doing a hodge podge of recovery methods. Some AA meetings, AV, meditation etc.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Yes, your feelings are normal. Sometimes we go thru a grieving process when we quit drinking. Being angry and pissy is part of it.

Your sobriety is worth it and you will get thru these feelings.

And congrats on 30 days!
Old 08-12-2013, 04:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I found the irritability passed pretty quickly. Congrats on 30 days!
Old 08-12-2013, 04:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Belle, 30 days sober? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations. Rootin for ya.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 30 days I felt the same way around the 30 day mark
Old 08-12-2013, 04:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
TKS

Hi Belle, you might be feeling a bit low today, but remember that non-problem-drinkers experience a range of emotions too. The difference is that they don't run for the bottle. We are all only human.

Think about it another way. If you have a drink today to get over your irritation today, how will you feel tomorrow when you're nursing the mother of all hangovers and kicking yourself for breaking your sobriety? (in which is an excellent start, 30 days is a big achievement)
Old 08-12-2013, 04:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your 30 days. That is fantastic. Maybe you can take a walk or try to get your mind off of it for a little while? I like to read... best of luck.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello belle

Congratulations to you belle for your 30 days ! 8

Don't worried, please! each emotion, each feeling, each test, each thing that you will pass without take the first fatal drink, will continue to make you grow on the road of the serenity, of the happiness and of the joy of life !

Perseverance et confidence to you, belle !

I send you a lot of positive energy filled of serenity, force and love to support you !

alino
Old 08-13-2013, 08:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Early recovery can be a bit bumpy, for sure. A lot of people find themselves feeling strange around those milestones (30, 60, 90 days, etc.). I wouldn't have believed it until it happened to me.

Also, you might want to take a look at PAWS (post-acute withdrawal syndrome). Irritability is one of the symptoms:
Post-Acute Withdrawal Symptoms - Relapse Prevention Strategies
Old 08-13-2013, 10:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm 30 days sober today too. I'm not feeling irritable but I am feeling foggy. My brain seems to be more limber when I have a few drinks. I really wanted to drink today but I waited out my urge.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Overmarz,

Congratulations to you for your 30 days !

Above all don't worried, please and continue One day at a time without take the first fatal drink.

Alcohol is powerful, cunning and baffling. Never negociate with it.

Each time you say no to alcohol when it tries to tempt you, each time you continue to grow on the road of freedom and happiness !

As I have done for Belle, I send you a lot of positive energy filled of serenity, force and love to support you !

alino