Notices

I am at my wits end!!!

Old 07-21-2013, 05:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SummertimeHigh5 View Post
I have thought about this too. I have never had any kind of phobias until I quit drinking. I feel like I am missing out on what the world has to offer me. This is not the person that I thought that I would become after getting sober. I knew that it would not be easy but I never thought that it would turn me into a weird person either.
Agoraphobia, perhaps? Please, talk with a counsellor
Old 07-21-2013, 06:15 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SummertimeHigh5 View Post
I have absolutely no motivation. I go to work and the grocery store because I have to. What gives here?

Summertime, have you had a complete physical within the last year? If not, I suggest you make that your first step. Force yourself to go and tell your Dr. exactly what's going on. If you're just feeling unmotivated, your condition could be something organic like hypothyroidism or diabetes, and have little or nothing to do with phobias.

But whatever it is, your first step is to get to your General Practitioner and at least start to eliminate potential causes.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:28 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey Summer.. ya, I'm with the depression/agoraphobia camp and think you should seek medical advice..stat. I know that a dear friend of mine (not an alcoholic) did get a weird and sudden onset of agoraphobia a few years back. She had to quit her job. She's doing very well now. It was traced to a brain chemistry thing and she's now on amino acid therapy. I think she takes a few things actually. I know that alcoholism wreaks havoc with likely already faulty "brain chemistry"...so ya, go see a doc. Drinking or not drinking had nothing to do with my friend. The lovely thing is...you are lucid enough to know that something is wrong Summer.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:36 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hello Summertime. I get this at times (lack of motivation and not wanting to go out the house). It got worse at times when I was depressed. I see a therapist and make myself go to AA. have a real love/hate thing with AA as I'm anxious but it makes me get out there when I want to isolate, though I appreciate it doesn't work for everyone.

I agree with what others saying it would be a good idea to check with a doctor, there may be a simple explanation (someone I know had a vitamin D deficiency, and had no idea). They could help you talk through options.

I know with me it's social anxiety so I have to force myself not to isolate as I can then get depressed (I also need alone time too.. it's balance as I'm an introvert)... but you need to work it out yourself/see if anything medical behind it.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.