Notices

Tempatations

Old 07-22-2013, 08:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tempatations

Day 42.

I went out of town this weekend to visit extended family. While I was sleeping in the spare room in the basement I noticed a new box of Patron Silver, my drink of choice.

I love tequila (notice my SR name) and patron silver was my favorite.

I looked at the bottle sitting there, realizing that if I were to drink it no one would ever know. I could use it to sleep and none would be the wiser.

I then thought about all of the nightmares I have where I drink, disappointed in myself for having to start at day one again.

I opted to read a book and go to bed instead.

The next day I mentioned the bottle in the basement and my relative told me that in fact they had purchased it for me, not knowing I was no longer drinking.

Regardless, everyone that knows I'm not drinking is proud of me. They'll never understand what it means to be an alcoholic, and how much the very presence of alcohol (at least this early in the game) is such a distraction/temptation.

This time around I'm not focusing on staying sober forever. I'm focusing on being sober today. I'll worry about tomorrow tomorrow.

I'm just proud of myself, which is a great feeling when two months ago all I felt was disappointment in myself.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm at 3+ months sober.
I didnt enjoy it but I was pouring beers for people this past weekend. I had the thought of just sticking my head under the nozzle and pouring it directly into my mouth.
I am very glad I did not do that.
I find Friday and Saturday night the hardest nights of the week. Every other night nobody drinks so I am comfortable.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
now's the time

Congratulations!! It is such a huge turning point when you won't drink even when no one else will notice or care. How liberating!