Notices

Know your restrictions and responsibilities.

Old 07-20-2013, 06:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

We all know it, being under influence makes our dopamine transmitters fire up. It also makes us become someone else, we think that we are enjoying ourselves but are we really?

The answer is Yes, we do feel better, we do feel more like 'ourselves'
But ask yourself the question; Who are you?
You should know that, if not, go see a doctor.

I have been told i have a disease, my brain reacts different than other people's brain to alcohol and/or benzo's.

This disease should not be exploited as a reason to drink or take substances.
We all know substances like alcohol destroy our body everytime we consume it.
That should be a good reason not to drink.. right?
Exactly, it is.
It is up to you to decide to use or not.

This forum is created to get people to stop, healthy-wise thats good, but it is also a good way to torture persons.

You probably need help quitting.

But only if it is a problem!

Now i personally drink (max. 3 times a week) around 2 liters of beer. Is this good for my health? ABSOLUTELY NOT!! But does it affect my private life negatively? Nope. So can i afford to drink? Yes i can. I will be financially independent for the rest of my life thanks to my wealthy parents. And i do have friends, the kind of friends that don't run away when you are about to get in a dangerous situation, the kind of friends that help you, if they spot me using too much, they will inform my sponsor, but that hasn't happened since a while.

So i can drink without having problems..

Can you? When you have a job and a family to support you obviously shouldnt use.

Sometimes i do crave, but when i am on my limit i realise that i should quit being a whiny little craving piece of s.

Sure we can have a 'disability' sure we can be 'vulnerable'

But in the end it comes down to will-power. No matter what.. You can drive to your local liqour store right now, and get a drink. But will that really make your life better in the long run? I guess not, i try to limit myself as much as i can. I drink because i am a weakling. And if you are diagnosed as an 'Alcoholic' and you can't stop, you are simply a weakling too. I know its hard. But only the strong ones survive.

Moderators; This is reality, don't even deny it.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think people that dont really have to work ,are more in danger of slipping off the deep end of abusing .

Reason for this is wealthy people dont have to be sure to get up and go to work .

So i would really be careful of the drinking .

I was going into business with a wealthy younger fellow ,He is an active drunk ,Very unreliable ,I decided that foolishness was not what i was willing to do .
Old 07-20-2013, 06:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I must agree with your point, but the people that have a family to support and are abusing involve more innocent people than a lazy ass wealthy fellow (Hmm makes me think about myself :o)
Old 07-20-2013, 06:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zhask View Post
I must agree with your point, but the people that have a family to support and are abusing involve more innocent people than a lazy ass wealthy fellow (Hmm makes me think about myself :o)

The Lazy wealthy fellow in my case was going to involve 100k in equipment (mine ) that has taken me a lifetime to accumulate . me and my employees doing all the work .

He was just going to provide the insurance ,and i assume get in the dammed way .

He was to provide some extra contacts and work for us ,But i assume the contacts knew he was a drunk ,Having rich parents will only carry you so far -imo .

I decided i could go on forward without him and can get the contacts on my own .

Im more tolerant of drunks ,than most people ,But my ideal of it ,Is if you cant handle the damn stuff ,stay away from it .
Old 07-20-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Some people can't control it like you say you can. If you can then good for you but I suspect you are posting such a thread in the wrong forum.

I can write from experience that sometimes the mental impulse overtakes you. It almost becomes an unstoppable trance you get in. The trick is avoiding allowing or feeding into those thoughts. Still though, some find it way harder to voluntarily stop like you are suggesting. Every one is on a different curve and yours is just not as sharp as others.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wait. You've a sponsor who knows you are drinking and as long as you don't go too far all is cool? What type of program is it that you are attending?

You drink because you to need to have your dopamine transmitters fired up?

You posted you are 19 and claim you are financially independent for the rest of your life because of wealthy parents and you've "friends" that will tell your sponsor if you are "using too much". These friends and family are there for you if you are about to get yourself into a dangerous situation.

So you have surmised, "So i can drink without having problems.." but...but...wait for it... "You probably need help quitting. But only if you have a problem".

I would be remiss if I didn't mention most of the above from your post was preceded by "This forum is created to get people to stop, healthy-wise that's good, but it is also a good way to torture persons".

Wow. I'll put all this off to you only being 19 years of age however I see a rude awakening in your future.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
now's the time

Reading this post is a little like hearing one half of an argument someone's having over the phone on the bus... I can tell you're angry about something and with someone, but can't really get the whole picture.

If you don't need to stop drinking, don't stop! There is no one here that you have to prove yourself to.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

This forum is created to get people to stop, healthy-wise thats good, but it is also a good way to torture persons.

Welcome to the forum.
But I think your vision of what it's all about is very distorted.
This forum isn't here to GET people to stop. It's for people that have found they can't stop,and are simply looking for help,or anything to grasp on to in some cases.
Most of us have already been tortured to the point we just didn't know which way to turn at times.
Unfortunately I'm afraid you have an education coming. Once hooked on this crap you have to WANT to quit more than anything in the world to succeed. And even then there are no guarantees.
You have made it clear you aren't ready to quit yet.
I really hope you change your mind soon,and not do like I did. Wind up 50 years old wondering what the hell happened.
Keep comin back,I hope we can change your mind.
Fred
Old 07-20-2013, 11:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~sb

you have a sponsor? why?
Old 07-20-2013, 11:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Now i personally drink (max. 3 times a week) around 2 liters of beer. Is this good for my health? ABSOLUTELY NOT!! But does it affect my private life negatively? Nope. So can i afford to drink? Yes i can. I will be financially independent for the rest of my life thanks to my wealthy parents. And i do have friends, the kind of friends that don't run away when you are about to get in a dangerous situation, the kind of friends that help you, if they spot me using too much, they will inform my sponsor, but that hasn't happened since a while.

So i can drink without having problems.
Interesting take on dealing with alcoholism. We all appreciate being given the benefit of your inexperience. I'll be interested in seeing how your philosophy has evolved in fifteen years. Please check back and let us know.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I predict you will be back here in maybe 3, 5, or 10 years with a serious problem, your life crashing around you and you will eat these words. Alcoholism is blind to wealth, and regardless of your financial status it will claim your life. I would proffer that wealth and addiction creates larger problems with bigger consequences than just addiction alone.

Money is not the solution to all of your problems, but it will be the cause.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

But in the end it comes down to will-power. No matter what.. You can drive to your local liqour store right now, and get a drink. But will that really make your life better in the long run? I guess not, i try to limit myself as much as i can. I drink because i am a weakling. And if you are diagnosed as an 'Alcoholic' and you can't stop, you are simply a weakling too. I know its hard. But only the strong ones survive.
It was my initial strength and superior willpower that got me into trouble. The first 2 decades that I drank, I could handle liquor better than most of the people I drank with. That is what allowed me to drink more than others and what took be beyond hangovers - straight to DT's.

"There's a big difference between a drunk and a alcoholic - most drunks don't have what it takes to be an alcoholic."
(Clarence Snyder)
Old 07-20-2013, 01:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

At 19 years old, you do not know who you are.. This is nothing more then a troll post, I must add. I agree to an extent, yet when Alcohol is what defines you, it is time to quit. Also In this society we live in Alcohol can ruin your life in so many ways.. In the states its illegal to drink here at 19, so I assume you live over seas abroad somewhere, and in some society's alcoholism is something that is not taboo, that is all fine and dandy, But at the end of the day, their are more things BAD Alcohol has done to me then good, looking back, in the moment alcohol makes us ignorant to what we are doing to ourselves etc. Just because you can drink 3 beers a day every day it does not mean your an alcoholic, but when you slip up and turn the 3 beers into 20 one night and black out do a bunch of dumb things and wake up the next morning going wtf? Those are the moments your like why am I drinking this crap? That is all it takes thou to ruin your life..

So for some people, they want to quit beer liquor etc. completely, Yet it does not define you, it just makes you aware that your drinking can be a problem. Its a struggle, but what your saying is how accidents with booze occur.. So be very careful thinking they way you do.

God bless...