Notices

I Got Extremely Drunk Need Help

Old 07-06-2013, 04:51 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ok.

Firstly - Just...

Just - you've rattled a few cages in your time. You admit that.
You have to expect a little of the same in reply.

Noone owes you anything.

I can feel sorry for you - I definitely feel empathy as in many ways I was where you are now.

That doesn't mean I'll do the work for you.
It doesn't work like that.

This is the responsibility thing I've been banging on for a while.

If you're waiting for someone to show you a shortcut to recovery it's not gonna happen.

You need to do the work, and you need to change the way you see the world - any energy you're putting in to looking for sympathy attention or some kind of handout is energy better spent on working your way out of this mess.

for the rest of us...

All that being said - SR is a support forum.

Like I've said several times - I'm glad I joined here at SR when I was done, and not before. I would have been the greatest all-time pain in the butt.

If you have constructive advice please share it - if you're just here to settle scores, or deliver a few well aimed kicks, then maybe there's a better use of your time.

If we can't all pull our socks up, I'll close the thread.

D
Old 07-06-2013, 04:55 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
Thank you for pointing out my previous threads. It just proves how much help I need and how bad my disease is. Does anyone ever feel sorry for me and my struggles?
I know the depression that comes with drinking and how it wacks out your brain. Seriously though you need to take a look at how dangerous what you did was not only to you, but other people on the road. I had someone under the influence come at me through an intersection. Totaled out my car. Luckily it was at a lower speed and I reacted quickly enough to avoid a tragedy. I had my daughter with me. That's what I mean about something that's not fixable. I am not trying to beat you. Keep trying to quit absolutely but if you fail please don't drive. It just seems you are overlooking that and focusing on how bad this sucks for you.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:55 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

[QUOTE=Veritas1;4055103]I don't understand why some people want to attack you by judging you.

Thank you for understanding vertias. I knew this was going to bring out the "anti-drunk driving" crowd. When I got my license back I never promised anyone I would never drive drunk. I think some that attack me really see a part of them in my posts. I've been here at SR a long time. Why not dig up some of my "feel good" posts when I had sobriety? Rest assured no one will ever drive me away from the SR boards. Through it all, I come here for help like many others here.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:00 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
Does anyone ever feel sorry for me and my struggles?
I feel sorry for your mother and wish she would join the SR friends and family forum for support and to find the strength to go no contact with you.
I also feel sorry for your children
[QUOTE=Justfor1;4055087]
Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
I look for sympathy, not attention. I will be a man and pay for my neighbors silly imported Japanese lawn ornaments. My financial life is great. I owe 100,000+ in medical bills, school loans, back child support and now lawn ornaments!
A man who owes child support does not squander his money on booze and gambling.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

and..we're done.
Thread Closed.

D