Notices

Do you like busybodies?

Old 06-30-2013, 05:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Do you like busybodies?

I keep meeting people that mention things that they know things about me and feel like they have to nonchalantly rub it in my face and point their finger. I don't know how people I never met know where I live and my whole life history etc.. I really don't know what I did that was so weird or horrible that I'm such a person to watch or take interest in. Im not socially awkward but for the most part I like to keep to myself so maybe people don't like that or are threatened by that...idk. I never told anyone about my heavy drinking and I hardly ever drank a lot in bars so I don't know where rumors start or where people are watching me. Sometimes I feel it's it's neighborhood watch big brother on me at all times. I can't just have my peace. Does anybody else feel like this? Do busybodies and gossipy people get on your nerves? Why can't people just live and let live?
Old 06-30-2013, 05:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I used to feel that way when I was drinking...but very few people bother me now, Cabo.
How long have you been sober?

D
Old 06-30-2013, 05:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

5 and half months...but im still a bit mental i guess
Old 06-30-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was more thinking of others Cabo - sometimes it takes a bit of time for it to sink in that you're not that guy anymore.

D
Old 06-30-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
EndGame

All through our lives there are times when we have to suffer well-meaning (and sometimes ill-meaning) but unhelpful people.

I remember once hearing someone say about sobriety, "We're often strongest when we're tested."

As you grow stronger in your sobriety, you'll also come to know your better self. In time, what other people say and do won't matter to you as much as they do now.

You didn't say whether or not you're in treatment or in a recovery program. I learned that the continuous help others freely gave me was invaluable in bringing me to a better place; a place I doubt I could have gotten to on my own.