Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

worried about moods and sobriety will take a backseat now that I found a job

Notices

Old 06-23-2013, 10:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am stopping one of my bipolar medications under my doctors direction. I noticed yesterday night my mood turning depressed. When I get depressed I like to use alcohol to cope the cravings come back. Im trying real hard to pray do my readings and call sponsor and stay positive. I talked to my sponsor yesterday about my concerns about my sobriety taking a backseat because of my job and she told me she wouldn't let that happen and it was a healthy fear and that we could come up with a schedule for me. I hope the cravings don't return because of my bipolar disorder. I gotta learn to trust in god more I guess.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Anoronha, congratulations on getting a job, you are FANTASTIC. I'm rootin for ya 100% as far as your sobriety goes, honestly you can do it.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
oak

I have been very depressed in the past (including with bipolar mood swings). For a long time, after I felt better, I got afraid of getting depressed again whenever I had even a slight symptom of depression.
(Do you know yet if you're getting depressed again or is it the fear of depression?)

Obviously- keep your doctor informed about any mood changes. I assume your doctor thinks you do not need the extra med?

Congrats on the new job!

I like your sponsor's ideas. Your concerns are very healthy. It is easy to get complacent and lose focus on sobriety. I hope you find a balance that works for you.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Maybe I could be paranoid I just hate dealing with the depression and suicidal thoughts. I don't want it to affect my job performance. If my sponsor has thought me anything never assume the worst good things may happen too my moods could improve you never know. I find her positive nature slowly rubbing off on me. I can be such a negative person.