Notices

feeling hung over in the morning

Old 06-21-2013, 09:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feeling hung over in the morning

So I haven't had a drink since June 9, 2013. I've done this before and know what to expect, but this time I'm on some nice meds to help (Lorazepam) with withdrawal symptoms.

Anyway, I've been getting to sleep on time lately (unlike when I was drinking until 2am) and for a while I was waking up cheery and ready to take on the day.

Lately though (the last few days) I've been having a difficulty waking up. From your experiences, is this just a normal part of the body readjusting to a "normal" routine?

Sometimes I'll feel even a bit hungover in the morning, which makes me wonder if I was confusing being hungover with sleep deprivation all along.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

It could be your body getting use to living without booze or it could be the lorazapam lingering in your system. Drowsiness is a side effect of the medication.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

I had the exact same experience. This too shall pass.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If your Dr agrees with it, I would try to cut back on the Lorazepam. I've been om this medication before too and one's body can get used pretty quick to it's effects, also resulting in uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Drexo View Post
If your Dr agrees with it, I would try to cut back on the Lorazepam. I've been om this medication before too and one's body can get used pretty quick to it's effects, also resulting in uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms.
yeah, I see the doc on Monday and I suspect we'll be weening off the med going forward.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have been feeling the same thing - I think your body just needs time to adjust to the fact that it's not being fed by a lot of alcohol every day. Personally, I'll swap waking up a little fatigued right now with the drudgery of a hangover. I will occasionally take a lorazapam, but want to be careful not to swap one drug for another.