Notices

a job

Old 06-18-2013, 09:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a job

I might have a job over here soon. I had two interviews at walmart and passed both of them. Now I have my 3rd one tomorrow morning. If I made it this far in the interview process there may be a good chance I could get the job. It would be a temporary 3 to 6 month job working in the deli. I don't care I am just so happy at the prospect of being considered for the job. If I don't get it I will just keep trying. I have my volunteer work at 3 different places and a prospect of an internship.

I am nervous though if I get the job then I wont have time for meetings. I would miss my home group a lot if I wasn't able to attend it. It's easy to be happy and centered when things are going well but tricky when there are challenges.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Good luck getting the job. Wow, 3 interviews for the Walmart job seems a bit excessive but I guess that how it is now days. The deli would be a cool spot to work in the store I think.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Changing (or getting) a job is a big change to handle in early sobriety. Remember that we go to meetings so that we can live life, not just for the sake of more meetings. So go do your best to live and apply for that job - you are not responsible for whether it pans out or not. That's for your Higher Power to decide. Concerning your meetings, if the job is part time, you may be able to ask your new manager to schedule your time around your home group meeting. But take it a day at a time. Wait and see if you get the job before worrying about all that. All you need to do today is stay sober - I trust you're sober so far so you win, job or no job. Feel good about that! God bless.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Recovering

Fantastic Anoronha. Getting to interview should definitely give you the confidence that you're a contender and they think you're likely to able to do it. Getting past two interviews definitely shows they like you very much. Now it's probably a little bit of pot luck - there can sometimes be funny reasons for choosing between various people all of whom are capable of doing the job.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow.

God bless +

Michael