Notices

Dont know why i do it sometimes

Old 06-14-2013, 06:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dont know why i do it sometimes

It has been very tough for me recently to stay on the sober path....everyday is a back and forth battle internally....sometimes it really weighs me down and I just ask myself "why fight it?" I mean I know why I must fight it but I just want things to ease up just a little.....thanks for letting me vent
Old 06-14-2013, 06:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Are you still sober (since your post a month ago)? Do you have a good support system/recovery plan?

If you're having an internal battle, your addiction is talking to you (or rather, telling you lies). Think about why you got sober in the first place and do a little reading around here - that's what always help me "remember" why I'm grateful to be sober. Hang in there.....
Old 06-14-2013, 06:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Lost

Sorry to hear that you're having a tough time.
I'm only on day 2 , so not really qualified to give you any useful advice--but I do understand--- I was also feeling angry and frustrated today..
Sometimes it helps me to think of the bad things I did when I was drinking---and that I don't want to go back there.
I also read a great post called "airport layover" that I found pretty inspirational.
Hang in there- hope you feel better soon.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank u guys for your advice....I made it through today without cracking....I will be sober 1 year on the 20th of June .....I try to think of all the negative and terrible things I've done while drinking but as u said my addiction lies to me and makes me believe I can responsibly do it....I have a very small but great support system....I am very anti social and it can be very disadvantageous because I internalize so much.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The Key

The key is not to fight but surrender I tried to "fight alcohol" and it beat me to a pulp every time , only when I got down on my knees and prayed to a God i didnt believe in , God i have heard great things about you please help me i cant go on drinking and i can't stop , i need your help if you really do exist please help me because im finished.... The rest they say is History i will be 14 years sober June 26 2013
Old 06-18-2013, 01:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I guess that is my problem....it feels like a constant fight nonstop...I can only fight it so long and I know sooner or later I'm gonna cave....tomorrow will be one year sober and the urge really hasn't eased any
Old 06-18-2013, 01:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Recovering

Sorry to hear of your continuing struggles, though it's brilliant you are coming up to a year.

Have you tried AA or some other approach to help you live that new sober life?
Old 06-18-2013, 01:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

What are you replacing your addiction with? What changes in your daily routine and life have you made? Are you isolating or getting around supportive others?
Old 06-19-2013, 06:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Not Alone

Originally Posted by NowhereMan2343 View Post
I guess that is my problem....it feels like a constant fight nonstop...I can only fight it so long and I know sooner or later I'm gonna cave....tomorrow will be one year sober and the urge really hasn't eased any

You Are Not Alone , Keep Coming Back , Falling Down is Not Failure , Staying Down Is !
Old 06-19-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

A years a heck of a long time to fight NowhereMan.

I think there's two parts to recovery - there's stopping drinking... and then there's building a new sober life you're happy with.

what steps have you taken for phase two?

D