Notices

Getting Drunk is Overrated

Old 05-25-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting Drunk is Overrated

THINK about it: what is it actually going to DO for you? NOTHING! It is going to make you feel bad and your problems worse than they already are. It is not a stress reliever. It fries your nerves. Kills brain cells. Destroys your liver and pancreas.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

But tastes so good. I am sober and never plan on drinking but sometimes i guess the idea will pop back in my mind
Old 05-25-2013, 08:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Actually, I think alcohol tastes like crap. I drank straight vodka at times.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Neat vodka tastes terrible but the fact ive tasted it is probily another reason why i shouldnt drink.

I do belive alcohol is evil. It robs you of your life. But in getting sober. You also get to reclaim you life
Old 05-26-2013, 04:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elisabeth888 View Post
THINK about it: what is it actually going to DO for you? NOTHING! It is going to make you feel bad and your problems worse than they already are. It is not a stress reliever. It fries your nerves. Kills brain cells. Destroys your liver and pancreas.
I believe marketing implies this is "fun."
Old 05-26-2013, 05:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elisabeth888 View Post
Gives you beer goggles, makes you think you have a really good idea/ revelation on some obscure element of life but all the sobers are just giving you the stank eye like "wtf" lowers your inhibitions so you do stupid $hit like drive drunk out your mind, makes you selfish, makes me think i sound lile george strait when i sing when really sounding like a mule in heat. These are just a few things.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I used to love the feeling of being drunk, and I didn't give a damn who knew it. Then, as time went by I noticed that I was the only one I knew drinking on a Monday morning, and that wasn't too cool.

This sounds like a "no way he did that" story, but I once drank one morning BEFORE A DMV DRIVER'S TEST!!!!!! I was shaking so bad that morning that I drank 3 vodka/Gatorade's and then showered, scrubbed my teeth and chewed about 4 pieces of gum, then passed the test and got my license back.

Sigh....how crazy/pathetic/dangerous is that
Old 05-26-2013, 05:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weaver View Post
makes me think i sound lile george strait when i sing when really sounding like a mule in heat.
That made me laugh!
Old 05-26-2013, 06:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tjhook View Post
I was shaking so bad that morning that I drank 3 vodka/Gatorade's
I used to fly a lot for my old job and would drink vodka and gatorades on the El train heading out to Midway Airport. I thought nobody noticed, and I also remember thinking this was a "good idea" because the gatorade was good for hydration purposes! Elisabeth is right, this stuff is straight poison.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
I used to fly a lot for my old job and would drink vodka and gatorades on the El train heading out to Midway Airport. I thought nobody noticed, and I also remember thinking this was a "good idea" because the gatorade was good for hydration purposes! Elisabeth is right, this stuff is straight poison.
Yep, for years I used to joke around saying that the Gatorade kept me hydrated and provided vitamins.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ugh. So much gatorade and sports drinks...

You know you have a problem when you drink sports drinks like your an athlete but its to ease your constant hangovers. Complete insanity.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Thanks Elisabeth! Its Very highly overated now that u made me think about it. We think its "social lubricant" but what's the point if after getting to know the person for just a little bit u either pass out or don't remember the person's name...lmao;I'm so glad those days r behind me & as the Promises say I don't want to shut the door on it-even tho there times I wish I did for the sheer stupidity I did
Old 05-26-2013, 09:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cocopuff3315 View Post
Ugh. So much gatorade and sports drinks...

You know you have a problem when you drink sports drinks like your an athlete but its to ease your constant hangovers. Complete insanity.
I never drank the sports drink to ease the constant hangover, the vodka I had mixed in it took care of that.

To this day I can't drink straight Gatorade, it reminds me too much of what I used to do.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Temporary solution, that's what its always been for me. So that appeals quite often, but the rational part of me has to say no, this is not the right way.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Funny, everything you guys say about Sports drinks are true. Electrolytes yada yada but I never really bothered to try. I always figured that the caffeine in that entire pot of coffee I drank would bring me back the other way. Of course I usually would then vomit and couldn't even keep water down let alone sports drinks.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:06 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
So overrated...lol

Yesterday at a Memorial day party on the beach this drunk guy was telling me I should just have a beer to "loosen up". Poor guy. In his defense, he didn't know me, but everyone that does just started laughing...I mean howling. In the last six years I have done just about everything that I only blathered on drunk about before. I always made grand plans to do cool things, but was too drunk and/or hungover/depressed/anxious to actually carry them out. I wasn't going to list everything for him because that would mean actually engaging in conversation with him (fruitless of course he's a drunk) but I did mention that just a couple of weeks ago I ran a naked 5k with 300 other naked runners.

"Loosen up"? No thanks, I'm good dude haha Poor dummy LOL
Old 05-27-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I just replay the tape in my mind and it keeps me sober. I never want to feel that way again.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
So overrated...lol

Yesterday at a Memorial day party on the beach this drunk guy was telling me I should just have a beer to "loosen up". Poor guy. In his defense, he didn't know me, but everyone that does just started laughing...I mean howling. In the last six years I have done just about everything that I only blathered on drunk about before. I always made grand plans to do cool things, but was too drunk and/or hungover/depressed/anxious to actually carry them out. I wasn't going to list everything for him because that would mean actually engaging in conversation with him (fruitless of course he's a drunk) but I did mention that just a couple of weeks ago I ran a naked 5k with 300 other naked runners.

"Loosen up"? No thanks, I'm good dude haha Poor dummy LOL
Naked??
Old 05-27-2013, 09:35 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
just a couple of weeks ago I ran a naked 5k with 300 other naked runners.
Pics or it didn't happen.

On second thought, I would need a drink after seeing something like that.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:41 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by CharlieNoogan
Pics or it didn't happen.
Duh...of course I have pics LOL

On second thought, I would need a drink after seeing something like that.
Yeah...it's not exactly for the faint of heart.